Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Question Sunset Hill Shooting Range Henryville, PA Ammo Question

Hey guys, long time lurker and finally decided to join this awesome forum with like minded individuals. Got a question for any folks that been to the Sunset Hill shooting range in the Poconos PA.

I got an AK that I would like to shoot, however the only ammo I got is Steel Cased Tul Ammo 7.62x39 (ammo apocalypse this year). It has a lead core with a bi metal jacket. So technically it will stick to a magnet but it's not steel core/steel penetrator.

The million dollar question: will they allow this on their range? Last time I was there was many years ago and I think their backdrop was a dirt berth. Should be no problem with ricochet or accidental sparks starting fires no? Their website says ammo must not be Steel Penetrator, Tracer, or .50 BMG.

I've viewed other threads but they are so outdated (already 7 years ago how about that). It has recently come under new ownership and most likely some of the rules have changed .

Tried calling them but they are not open Tues-Thurs. I need to make an appointment in order to use their outdoor range with my own firearms. Hope everyone is staying safe during these times.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Sunset Hill Shooting Range Henryville, PA Ammo Question

I used to work there and the short answer is yes.

But you don't want to shoot with a RSO so far up your ass you have to wear 2 sets of eye pro go somewhere else.
    It's good for want it is - a tourist shooter range. The 50 rule is cause your shooting 50feet max...why bother. I know they turned someone away that just wanted to test-fire an .338.

Pro- no mag restrictions and they will be up in everyone's else grill about how fast they shoot and how.
    CON- They will be in your grill also cause of silliness of some of the people who have gone there.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    I used to work there and the short answer is yes.

But you don't want to shoot with a RSO so far up your ass you have to wear 2 sets of eye pro go somewhere else.
    It's good for want it is - a tourist shooter range. The 50 rule is cause your shooting 50feet max...why bother. I know they turned someone away that just wanted to test-fire an .338.

Pro- no mag restrictions and they will be up in everyone's else grill about how fast they shoot and how.
    CON- They will be in your grill also cause of silliness of some of the people who have gone there.

thank you very much good sir. I wanted to take my buddy shooting for a b day event but I do hate having a RSO up my ass so much. Been shooting for many years.

(Monroe County)

Yea, I but 90% to there need it.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff