Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Rimfire optics recommendations?

Need a new scope for my Marlin 60sb, and just dont have a lot of experience with many, so thought Id drop this and see what other people like.

Looking for just a simple 4x or 6x, preferably in stainless steel/silver/chrome finish, either including a set of matching rings or with a 20mm tube so I can use the rings I have on hand, and price wise coming in under $100.

Any suggestions?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Rimfire optics recommendations?

For that price point, there is quite abit of junk on the market. Did a quick search and not much in silver finish.. mostly Barska and noname garbage. In black I see some options like the BSA sweet .22, and some Simmons options. Nothing all that spectacular either way. Up your budget abit and you can get into the lower end Vortex scopes.

FWIW I would spend a little more on the scope, if you go cheap your probably in for some disappointment.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stampeed Valkyrie View Post
    For that price point, there is quite abit of junk on the market. Did a quick search and not much in silver finish.. mostly Barska and noname garbage. In black I see some options like the BSA sweet .22, and some Simmons options. Nothing all that spectacular either way. Up your budget abit and you can get into the lower end Vortex scopes.

FWIW I would spend a little more on the scope, if you go cheap your probably in for some disappointment.
    Agreed. Spend a little more and you'll probably be happier with what you end up with.

I bought a hawke scope for 180$ from Midway for my Ruger American Rimfire. I'm very happy with it. That was my version of going cheap. Once you hit around 200$, you have a lot more options. But as already mentioned, if you insist on anything other than black, you are going to really cut that is out there.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

Doesn't exactly fit your requirements but, this is a nice scope for the money.

https://www.natchezss.com/exclusive-...-dual-x-1.html

(Bucks County)

I picked up an old 6-18 Tasco for 50 bucks at a gun show. I have it on a 10/22. Set at 18 power, I can easily see the imprints on the target at 50 yards. For target shooting a .22, I like a higher power scope. If I took it squirrel hunting, I have a smaller 3-9 zeroed for it.

The 3-9 has a duplex reticle. The crosshairs work with high velocity rounds. The tip of the vertical lower post happily is perfect for standard velocity.
    Last edited by Bang; November 9th, 2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: dual to duplex
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Mueller is another good option. A little more than you wanted to spend.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/mueller...fle-scope.html

(Lancaster County)

I slapped a Barska 3X9X40 on my Ruger American Rimfire. No complaints. The optics might not be as crisp as my Redfield but it holds zero. Cost.......~$50 with rings and mounted.

I just picked one of these up. It's a tad over $100 but well worth it.
    https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/niko...re-rifle-scope

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Mueller is another good option. A little more than you wanted to spend.
    I second this, have a 2-7 with adjustable objective on a 10/22 now. Great scope for the money IMO. I'm not sure there is a cheaper AO scope out there.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by heatheroo View Post
    I slapped a Barska 3X9X40 on my Ruger American Rimfire. No complaints. The optics might not be as crisp as my Redfield but it holds zero. Cost.......~$50 with rings and mounted.
    I was looking at one of those at first, but it had less than positive reviews, but the price is good.

I really wanted to keep it down to under $100. Id love to spend more on one, but right now I just cant justify a more expensive scope for what really is just a range gun to take out once in a while and have fun with and maybe let the nieces and nephew learn with.

I went through a bunch of the suggestions here and went back and forth with a few, but in the end I grabbed up a Simmons 3-9x32 Rimfire scope for like $50 from Amazon, because the price is right, and the color is a match for the Marlin 60sb. Got it leveled and mounted up. It looks good, its definitely a huge step up from the uber cheap POS pellet gun scope that came with the gun (that one was so blurry you couldnt see anything hardly).

Gonna take it out this weekend to zero it and push a couple hundred rounds downrange with it and see how it holds up. If it doesnt hold up Ill end up returning it and getting something more higher end.