Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Biden presidency with Republican senate?

Quote Originally Posted by Swessfan View Post
    i was hopeful that they would retain the senate but now i am worried. definitely dirty things going on.

worrisome too that they would only be 1 or 2 away from a tied senate, which leaves the tiebraker vote to the VP.

God willing republicans will hold out and then regain some senate seats in 2022
    Schumer*s remarks about changing the world and USA should be played in Georgia in a never ending loop!

(Delaware County)

This runoff would not be necessary in the Purdue race if the libertarian and constitutional candidates did not enter.

Purdue landed up with more votes at 49.8 percent..50 percent is necessary.
    The above parties combined for about 3 percent. Most would be more apt to vote Purdue.

(Erie County)

Although I understand the massive importance of the Georgia runoffs (I already donated), I don't think that Dems winning those seats would be enough to pack the SCOTUS like I see a lot of people saying. As far as I know, Republicans can and definitely would filibuster anything regarding packing the court and Dems wouldn't have enough votes to stop the filibuster. If I'm missing something, let me know.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    This runoff would not be necessary in the Purdue race if the libertarian and constitutional candidates did not enter.

Purdue landed up with more votes at 49.8 percent..50 percent is necessary.
    The above parties combined for about 3 percent. Most would be more apt to vote Purdue.
    Hell, Trump would have won most of the swing states if there were no Libertarian candidate.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    I think this is a clear case of "Ooops"
    The minimal upside doesn't override the tragic downside. I sure wish I had done that in early 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by ME16510 View Post
    Although I understand the massive importance of the Georgia runoffs (I already donated), I don't think that Dems winning those seats would be enough to pack the SCOTUS like I see a lot of people saying. As far as I know, Republicans can and definitely would filibuster anything regarding packing the court and Dems wouldn't have enough votes to stop the filibuster. If I'm missing something, let me know.
    Unfortunately, you are. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option

The Dems have already expressed interest in invoking the Nuclear option to eliminate the filibuster and ram through whatever they want, including SCOTUS nominations, legislation, etc.

The Democrats started this in 2013 allowing simple majority for federal judge nominations (excluding SCOTUS) and the Republicans countered in 2017 by further expanding it to allow a simple majority to end debate on SCOTUS nominees too.

Rest assured, they will do this if they have 51 votes. They want to end the Republic. Just ask Chuck Schumer. This is why he said "Now we win GA and then we change the world."

GA is the last stop. Win or we're dead, and even with a runoff election victory there is no guarantee, thanks to our traitor RINOs.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Unfortunately, you are. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option

The Dems have already expressed interest in invoking the Nuclear option to eliminate the filibuster and ram through whatever they want, including SCOTUS nominations, legislation, etc.
    We really are close to the end. Eventually they'll get their majority and once they pass bills to they open the border and make puerto rico a state, their power will essentially be unable to be stopped through elections. I think our last hope at this point is for politicians in red states to push for more states rights. All this is terrifying.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567