Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: NYS Buck 😲

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    I thought a broad head skimmed over his back catching one blade causing a long open wound.
    That's what I was thinking too. Arrow grazed his back, infection set in, and it busted open...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

Nope thats pretty fresh, looks like hes heading off to die somewhere. Poor bastard
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Carbon County)

Wow. Took out the tenderloin. Talk about catch and release. Many years ago I was at my Brother-in-Laws house the night of the first day of rifle. His Uncle lived next door and came over to get us. Some woman hit a deer down by the bridge and he needed help loading it. The deer was laying about half way across a guardrail. The headlight hit the deer's head and killed it. The deer had a small hole down near the bottom of it's midsection and ALL the guts were outside the deer. That deer could have been dragging them all day. I have seen some bad stuff involving deer in the woods and on the road, but that photo is probably the worst.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    Wow. Took out the tenderloin. Talk about catch and release. Many years ago I was at my Brother-in-Laws house the night of the first day of rifle. His Uncle lived next door and came over to get us. Some woman hit a deer down by the bridge and he needed help loading it. The deer was laying about half way across a guardrail. The headlight hit the deer's head and killed it. The deer had a small hole down near the bottom of it's midsection and ALL the guts were outside the deer. That deer could have been dragging them all day. I have seen some bad stuff involving deer in the woods and on the road, but that photo is probably the worst.
    I've mentioned it here in another thread but worth tacking on to this post.

My only archery deer was a scrubby spike. He had a gimpy front leg from a previous encounter with something. I figured I was doing him a favor putting him down.

About 30 yards out from my ground blind, coming almost straight at me, I hit him in the front just below the neck with an arrow from a 150# crossbow. The arrow went completely through him, stem to stern, coming out of his hindquarter. On it's way it traveled low in his abdomen and opened him up like a surgeon with a scalpel. He ran a short distance dragging intestines and laid down.

I gave him 15 minutes and figured with that kind of injury, he surely had died already. I was wrong, he ran down my hill almost to my house. He ended up going in to my pond where he finally expired. I learned my lesson because that whole affair was horrific. Definitely don't hurry, wait the hour for them to die. And wait for a broadside shot; I figured hitting him square in the chest would take care of things quickly.

Many examples of how tough deer really are.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

I hit a deer with a 45lb recurve frontal where the neck blends with the chest. It ran about 50 yards and died. Just don't have complete control of what happens internally.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12