Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Elk County)

Default Re: PA secretary of state says it will take days to count 'overwhelming majority' of

Nothing will surprise me when it comes to PA state govt bureaucracy.

a) It took the state medical licensing bureau 4.5 months to issue my youngest an updated CRNP license after a change in employers. This was pre-Covid, and my youngest was already in the license system as a CRNP. All that was needed was a change of collaborating physician on the license. 4.5 months.

b) I applied 21 Feb 2020 for a personalized vehicle registration plate. Check was cashed five days after mailing the application. The plate was received in late August 2020. It expires 31 Jan 2021. Five month's use, but I paid the full annual fee. Called the registration department at PennDOT in Hbg, and was pretty much told, "Tough shit."

c) I submitted the REV1500 estate tax forms for my late mother's estate in May, 2016, within the nine month deadline. It took the Dept of Revenue 15 months to mail me a postcard saying they accepted the forms, estate valuation, and estate tax paid. In the meantime in Apr 2017 I got a letter from the IRS asking why the estate had not been settled. I wrote back telling the IRS that PA Dept of Revenue had not yet accepted the REV1500 estate tax return; reminded them that they had my late mother's SS number, and invited the IRS to take it up with PA. I got the postcard three months later. Some pull the IRS had.

I am convinced that state employees operate under self-defined daily productivity quotas. They process just so many "whatevers" each day, because nobody pushes them. Using the BATFE as an example, in 2003-2007, NFA branch saw a huge increase in Form 1 and Form 4 transfers. The manager in charge of NFA transfers cracked the whip and got on the examiners to increase output. They did, and didn't like it. Instead of 12 months' wait for a transfer, they were taking three to eight weeks. The examiners didn't like it, and complained to BATFE HQ in DC. The manager was reassigned, and transfer times went back up to months. Bureaucrats is bureaucrats, locak, state, or federal.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; November 1st, 2020 at 11:57 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Erie County)

Default Re: PA secretary of state says it will take days to count 'overwhelming majority' of

Easier to "harvest" ballots that way.

(Lancaster County)

You all should realize that the PA legislature could fall if an overwhelming number of people don't vote straight R...

(Berks County)

If Trump doesn't win this is already well primed and set up to be a contested election. I posted in the election 2020 thread a letter indicating that the Dems are already caught cheating in MONTCO and just recently Trump cited a deadline for ballots to be in in order for them to count, which the media refutes (of course). I have been told that, while ballots may still be coming in, any that come in after a certain time (I forget what time) will be segregated from the others. I'll bet my left nut that SCOTUS will decide whether or not those votes can be applied to the total for the election. Hold on folks, this ride has just begun.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

We even have misguided so called "Gun rights" groups endorsing democrats. Remember that the next time they put their hand asking for money.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Look at 2000. Refusals to count incoming military absentee ballots and hanging chads resulting in Dems crying the election was stolen via a bought court.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12