Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: qu7estions about going to a gun range

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Dunno if they are just giving you enough rope to hang yourself, or what, but back when the forum rules were enforced, you would have been banned - either for a week, or permanently - for suggesting illegal activity on the forum.

There's how you think the world should be, and then there's the way it actually IS.
    Exactly what I was waiting for.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

So if Biden wins and makes AR-15's a class three firearm, how many will comply? If you don't comply and say so here will you be banned for promoting illegal activity?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    So if Biden wins and makes AR-15's a class three firearm, how many will comply? If you don't comply and say so here will you be banned for promoting illegal activity?
    There are no "class three firearms". Just class III dealers. And Title II, or NFA, firearms.

As for banning users, if you state that you are breaking the law, then expect PAFOA to be served with subpoenas to turn over the database on all 81K members.

Yeah, that's MUCH better than censorship . . . .

You will be free to organize fund-raising for the court challenges here. You will be free to explain in detail your legal theories as to why rifles in common use can't be subjected to strict regulation, under the explicit rationale of Heller. You will not be free to broadcast that "member Yoder is currently violating federal law" and expect the site to self-immolate to protect you from your unwise choice. We're not going to destroy subpoenaed records to cover your ass, we're not Democrats.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

So if Biden wins and makes AR-15's a class three firearm, how many will comply?
    I will comply.

To OP, tell your friend to ask him self if its "worth getting prosecuted?", going to the range puts him in peril. That is confirmed in this thread. His best bet is to just "say no" and keep clear of firearms and ammunition until he can become lawful, again. IMHO
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There are no "class three firearms". Just class III dealers. And Title II, or NFA, firearms.

As for banning users, if you state that you are breaking the law, then expect PAFOA to be served with subpoenas to turn over the database on all 81K members.

Yeah, that's MUCH better than censorship . . . .

You will be free to organize fund-raising for the court challenges here. You will be free to explain in detail your legal theories as to why rifles in common use can't be subjected to strict regulation, under the explicit rationale of Heller. You will not be free to broadcast that "member Yoder is currently violating federal law" and expect the site to self-immolate to protect you from your unwise choice. We're not going to destroy subpoenaed records to cover your ass, we're not Democrats.
    So complying with federal law to register AR's as an NFA item is a wise decision? I understand the site can't condone breaking the law but does this sound like a good idea? What happened to pry it from my cold dead hands or oops I lost it? I don't know what scares me more, complying or going to jail. I'm not being a smart ass I'm really worried about what is the best long term decision. Good thing I sold all of mine.

So complying with federal law to register AR's as an NFA item is a wise decision? I understand the site can't condone breaking the law but does this sound like a good idea? What happened to pry it from my cold dead hands or oops I lost it? I don't know what scares me more, complying or going to jail. I'm not being a smart ass I'm really worried about what is the best long term decision. Good thing I sold all of mine.
    You do what you decide to do. But speech on this site is limited to "things that probably won't force the site owner to comply with criminal subpoenas and dime-out the members".

Looks like the Court will not be packed for at least a couple years, with the Senate in GOP hands, so any effort to add 30 million AR-15's to the NFA will (a) be blocked by the Senate if they know what's good for them, and (b) even if it DID pass, be struck down by the Court for failing Strict Scrutiny and even the intermediate scrutiny; frankly, it would likely fail Rational Basis analysis.

Thanks for the information. I'm glad to see that people are looking out for this site and it's members and it's not about censorship.

Thanks for the information. I'm glad to see that people are looking out for this site and it's members and it's not about censorship.
    Mods don't get paid for the work, and there's surprisingly little Mod Groupie sex as a perk. We do what we think is best for the site and the membership and for gun rights, so don't count on PAFOA for being the go-to site for pics and home addresses of tyrants who need killin', detailed plans for building banned weapons, or coordination of militia strikes. If you plans include 500 yard rooftop votes, don't discuss them here. We won't aid or abet that kind of anarchy and street violence. We're not Democrats, we don't call assaults and murder "mostly peaceful protesting".

If PAFOA is silenced by the people who forced infected patients into our nursing homes (after being sure to move THEIR loved ones into safe hotels), by the people who shut down all non-essential businesses but first classified "furniture manufacturers owned by the governor" as "essential", by the AG who is a Democrat anti-gun activist first and a prosecutor of criminals second . . if you give them solid meat to shut PAFOA down, there's no comparable alternate site to step up and do what is done here.

I've said before, back in the 1960's the "student groups" that were really terrorist cells, experienced a phenomenon where there was always a member who pushed for direct violence, who criticized the others for just talking and not blowing stuff up and killing people, and he "knew a guy" who could supply all the dynamite and weapons they needed. That member was usually the FBI mole.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Natural rights can be taken away or given away. Your highest natural right can be taken away with as little as a piece of rope.

My logic nowhere near dictates that a government grants our rights. No right is absolute, not life, not speech, not to keep/bear arms.
    natural rights can never be given up or taken. only exercised or restricted. rights are absolute. Are you Bidens speech writer? Christ you're an admin of a gun group. that's sad and scary.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast