Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Warren County)

Default Re: Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest - WSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    So what. That just means business goes back to the local gun shop instead of the big box retail store. I'm OK with that.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This

I live in the boondocks. Deer hunting is a religious endeavor here.

Walmart is IT for " big box" stores in a 20 -30 mile radius.

Guns n Ammo has always been a big seller locally, but the shelves are sparse this year.

The slack will be picked up by local gun stores if they can get products.

Good.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest - WSJ

Walmart to Put Guns, Ammo Displays Back in U.S. Stores
    Retailing giant says it will display firearms again after pulling items earlier in the week citing civil unrest
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/walmart...=hp_lista_pos2

Walmart Inc. WMT -1.37% said it would put firearms and ammunition back on the sales floors of its U.S. stores, reversing a decision earlier in the week to remove the displays to prevent potential looting.

*After civil unrest earlier this week resulted in damage to several of our stores, consistent with actions we took over the summer, we asked stores to move firearms and ammunition from the sales floor to a secure location in the back of the store in an abundance of caution,* the company said Friday.

*As the current incidents have remained geographically isolated, we have made the decision to begin returning these products to the sales floor today,* Walmart WMT -1.37% said.

The retail giant, which sells firearms in about half of its 4,700 U.S. stores, previously said it was removing the items to prevent any potential theft of firearms amid social unrest. It said customers could purchase guns and ammunition upon request even when they were not on display.

There have been days of violent protests and looting this week in Philadelphia after police fatally shot a Black man holding a knife in the city Monday.

In a letter to store managers Wednesday, Walmart asked staff to pull guns from shelves *due to the current unrest in isolated areas of the country and out of an abundance of caution.*

Walmart also removed firearms and ammunition from stores this summer in the wake of George Floyd*s killing by police after several of Walmart*s stores were damaged during violence.

The country*s largest retailer is still a big seller of guns and ammunition, even though it has pared its offerings in recent years. Last year, it stopped selling ammunition that can be used in semiautomatic rifles and handguns after a deadly mass shooting at a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas.

In 2018, the company raised the minimum age to purchase guns or ammunition to 21 after a deadly shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

Walmart Chief Executive Doug McMillon said last year that stores would continue to sell firearms and ammunition that appeal to hunters.

(Allegheny County)

Told ya he likes those Fuddbucks.

Let's see if he revisits the decision after this hunting season passes.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

stopped selling ammunition that can be used in semiautomatic rifles and handguns
    That's .22s, .32s, 40s, .38 super, 357Sig, 9s, 10s, 5.56, .223, .308, 30-06, and.... I give up. Fucking idiots.

Their plan was to store guns and ammo in the back of the store? In what? Idiots.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This

Guns n Ammo has always been a big seller locally, but the shelves are sparse this year.

Good.
    During the last big shortages several local gun stores bought ammo at Walmart and tripled the price and sold it to customers. One was selling bricks of Thunderbolts for 75 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This

Good.
    And when/if it all blows over , you'll be back sucking WalmArt dick for cheap ammo and fuck the LGS , if there's any left.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

There's a gun store opposite our local Walmart. I bought a box of 0031 CCI (standard velocity .22LR) there for $20+ or some such price a (forget)year ago, then realized it was $6.99 normally. He will never see me again. Ever. I can imagine what he will ask these days. Hope he can't get any.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    That's .22s, .32s, 40s, .38 super, 357Sig, 9s, 10s, 5.56, .223, .308, 30-06, and.... I give up. Fucking idiots.

Their plan was to store guns and ammo in the back of the store? In what? Idiots.
    My store hasn't sold guns in years - if ever.
    Ammo storage? There's no provision for backroom ammo storage other than a single cage back where the truck gets unloaded.

As ammo comes off the truck, the boxes get set aside, and then once teh truck is finished being unloaded, a supervisor opens the cage and places the ammo in it.
    That cage is used for electronics as well, so it's not just for ammo.

Also, ammo doesn't come in case quantities - it comes "per box" (I HAVE seen a "case" which was just a cardboard box containing 6 boxes of ammo inside) - there may be one or two or six boxes that come off a truck - totally random just like any other item - we get in stuff based on sales numbers - what is needed to replace what has been sold - not more than will fit on the shelf.

I seriously doubt that stores that sell guns have "gun safes" in the back, but I could be wrong.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    And when/if it all blows over , you'll be back sucking WalmArt dick for cheap ammo and fuck the LGS , if there's any left.

If there are any gunshops left? I think they've had a pretty good year so far.

(Northampton County)

No handgun ammo at my Wallyworld. They used to sell loads of it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast