Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Rumor about Walmart ammo sales

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Butler County)

Default Re: Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest - WSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Actually, not a dumb move.
    In that context, it's not. But I guarantee you wal mart has been waiting for a reason like this to finally pull all of this off their shelves without causing a huge uproar. My bet is it never comes back.
    -Brandon

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest - WSJ

Our store has been a little weird about outdoor sporting goods anyway. Never anyone there, associate that does respond usually hasn't a clue about anything gun or ammo related. No gun/ammo sales after 10PM, which management INSISTS is a local ordinance that DOES NOT exist.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    In that context, it's not. But I guarantee you wal mart has been waiting for a reason like this to finally pull all of this off their shelves without causing a huge uproar. My bet is it never comes back.
    So what. That just means business goes back to the local gun shop instead of the big box retail store. I'm OK with that.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    So what. That just means business goes back to the local gun shop instead of the big box retail store. I'm OK with that.
    Yeah I already give my business to those stores too, it's just the message it sends and their way of saying "guns are bad, see we wont sell them anymore".
    -Brandon

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Rumor about Walmart ammo sales

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    When a Walmart associate asks, "Is the .22 ammunition for a pistol or a rifle", how does one keep from laughing?
    Neither... I’m gonna sit in the driveway and hit 'em with a rock!

Our store has been a little weird about outdoor sporting goods anyway. Never anyone there, associate that does respond usually hasn't a clue about anything gun or ammo related. No gun/ammo sales after 10PM, which management INSISTS is a local ordinance that DOES NOT exist.
    Kind of like the whole “you have to be 21 or older to buy ammo and we need your ID” that they pull at Hamburg store? Never had to do that before...won’t be doing it again either. Kid behind the counter said it’s law and I kindly informed him that he’s full of shit “oh well that’s what they told us in our 1.5 hour training class before working in sporting goods department”

SMFH

I’d prefer not to go to Walmart for anything, particularly ammo...sadly right now they actually HAVE it vs my LGS (whom I already bought out of stock &#129315

(Lancaster County)

So that just about wraps up Walmart for me, I rarely go there anyway, ammo and motor oil/filters was all that got me in the doors anyway. I haven't stepped foot in one since the chinaflu hit and they closed all but one entrance and installed the jersey barriers in/out cattle chutes (which actually forces people closer together ) I always used the auto service door, grab my stuff check out at the auto or garden center and not have to deal with the unwashed masses. So I guess Ill never enter one from here on out. I watch the Auto Zone/NAPA/Advance Auto for specials and sales and stock up accordingly often at Sub WallyWorld prices

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I thought they stopped selling handgun and high capacity machine gun ammo a while ago.
    You thought correctly. They did.
    "Bad ammo" (Handgun and assaultmachinegun ammo) gone. "Good ammo" (Fuddmunitions) stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    WTF * I thought wally world was against firearms and firearms related product's *
    Clearly the head honcho is - but he also likes Fuddbucks, so...

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    That was my first thought too.

I was in Cranberry Walmart last week and there were about 10 rifles/shotguns on the rack and some ammo.

I was in the same store this evening and everything was gone - guns and ammo - all of it. I took a pic, but you all know what an empty shelf looks like.
    I DID notice that EVERY price tag still sitting in the rifle display had a "ROLLBACK" price tag.
    Made me wonder if they marked them all down to try and clear them out.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northumberland County)

That's not just yours...that's every Walmart I have the misfortune to try to buy ammo in anymore. Lebanon was one of the better ones butbhavent tried in a few years. The Shamokin Walmart (which is redneck central and should have near-constant staffing) usually takes 2-3 tries just to get someone back to the desk. That alone pisses me off enough to buy elsewhere, much less the no pistol/AR/AK ammo thing. I wont say desperation never drives me there but it's usually a last resort.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast