Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest - WSJ

They pulled it all after the last mass shooting...Dicks, Target (did they ever sell ammo?) and a couple others did the same thing. But shotgun and rifle ammo are still available 🤦*♂️ And now you have to be 21 with ID to buy because “it’s the law”. Just got carded at Dicks today too, they take it further though and won’t let anyone under 21 even touch the ammo to ring you out

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest - WSJ

No handgun ammo at my Wallyworld. They used to sell loads of it.
    That's because the Philly gangbangers drove to Catasauqua for handgun ammo on a regular basis.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Mifflin County)

I am just happy they reversed their decision !

(Allegheny County)

I thought storing guns and ammo in "the back" served no purpose but making it easier to steal.

a convienent loading dock and pallet jack would make loading a pick up pretty easy.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I thought storing guns and ammo in "the back" served no purpose but making it easier to steal.

a convienent loading dock and pallet jack would make loading a pick up pretty easy.
    It least they know it's one of their "Associates" stealing rather than the "illiterate general public".
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post

The image in everyone's mind of pallets of ammo is just as incorrect as the way everyone thinks that there's "more dish soap in the back" if you don't see it on the shelf.

And besides, there are cameras upon cameras EVERYWHERE.
    Nobody is stealing it out the back door and getting away with it.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Emptymag your slipping. How did you miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    They pulled it all after the last mass shooting...Dicks, Target (did they ever sell ammo?) and a couple others did the same thing. But shotgun and rifle ammo are still available ��*** And now you have to be 21 with ID to buy because *it*s the law*. Just got carded at Dicks today too, they take it further though and won*t let anyone under 21 even touch the ammo to ring you out
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Bucks County)

Used to know the 2-digit number for getting in-store PA in Walmart. "Associate needed at sporting goods" sounded pretty good, and got response. From a management-type, indicating his displeasure at my having done that. LMAO. But I got waited on.

Last time I was there, I dialed the store. Told whoever answered I needed sale at the gun counter. That worked too.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lancaster County)

Just to let everyone know, Walmart supposedly reversed the decision on removing guns & ammo from the floor. It happened sometime today though IDK when. I stopped by about 8 walmarts yesterday (was traveling & they were all on the way or ~2-3 mins off an exit), and not ONE had ammo on display and all the gun cases were empty. They even removed all black powder items and even packages of BB's (yes .177" BB's). Though at the last store I stopped at - only 15 mins away from the previous store, they had all their stuff on display, which wasn't much - probably 8 boxes of rifle (222, 7 win mag, 300 win mag & 350 legend - oh and some 17 CCI "Hyper max" or something). But they did have 2 308 rifles, a 243 rifle & a 50cal black powder.

The odd thing is that they were told to remove from floor, but just didn't do it yet (so they way) and this walmart was the closest to Philly of all of them (about 25 mins). One store that was a good 2 hours away had everything pulled.

It all makes no sense the way they are doing it b/c the walmart in the most rural area's were the ones removing everything from the floor.

I also talked to a couple managers and was told they don't expect shipments for a "long time" which seemed to vary between store/manager. One said 7-10 days, another 18-25 days, and a third at least a month. They all did say they may get really small shipments in but they won't know until it arrives and it sounded like the distribution houses are breaking up larger boxes/pallets and sending a bit to each store that has a track record of selling ammo during this time of year.

(Allegheny County)

As I explained, ammo doesn't come to the store in case quantities. (I work there)

Ammo is sent exactly the same way that every other item is sent - in small quantities - enough to fill the empty shelf space - when an item sells, the computers know to order more. (but not more than what will fit on the shelf - there's no room in the back to "stockpile" ANYTHING)
    I assume ammo is not always easy to get (like Clorox wipes) and we just get what we get when it's available.

Seriously, the daily (we get 2-3 trucks per day) pallets of freight on the truck are emptied onto a belt by hand - one box at a time - the contents of the truck are randomly packed and are sorted as they go down the belt - pancake mix, a case of motor oil, a stepladder, a single box of 30-30 ammo, a case (6 jars) ,of pickles... and on, and on, until the truck is finished being unloaded.

There's no "pallet" of ammo coming on a truck - no "case" of ammo even - we get a box or five boxes - mostly we get NO ammo on a truck.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast