Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest - WSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The image in everyone's mind of pallets of ammo is just as incorrect as the way everyone thinks that there's "more dish soap in the back" if you don't see it on the shelf.

And besides, there are cameras upon cameras EVERYWHERE.
    Nobody is stealing it out the back door and getting away with it.
    I was thinking more of rioters taking over the store and running wild. They wouldn't be worried about cameras.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest - WSJ

The last time I saw a pallet-ful of ammo at a Wal-mart was in the early fall of 2008, before the results of that November's general election which triggered the first of a series of panics. The Wal-mart in State College had, sitting in the area connecting the main alley and the sporting goods counter, an "ammo fort" of Federal Power-shok in their old dark blue packaging, of the usual hunting calibers of .243, .270, .308, and .30-06. Long before the policy of locking up everything behind the counter, they used to have big piles of ammo that just sat in plain sight in a rather heavily-trafficked area of the store before each deer season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    The last time I saw a pallet-ful of ammo at a Wal-mart was in the early fall of 2008, before the results of that November's general election which triggered the first of a series of panics. The Wal-mart in State College had, sitting in the area connecting the main alley and the sporting goods counter, an "ammo fort" of Federal Power-shok in their old dark blue packaging, of the usual hunting calibers of .243, .270, .308, and .30-06. Long before the policy of locking up everything behind the counter, they used to have big piles of ammo that just sat in plain sight in a rather heavily-trafficked area of the store before each deer season.
    Those were the days.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I was thinking more of rioters taking over the store and running wild. They wouldn't be worried about cameras.
    Haha! Indeed.
    The store I chose to work at is not on a bus line though, so...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Haven't you heard? BLM has spent its income only on busses.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Those were the days.
    Amen !!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Haha! Indeed.
    The store I chose to work at is not on a bus line though, so...
    Guess Uber is the only option.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456