Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: F.O.A.C. Endorses Biden-Harris Supporter in 50th District

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    I do not believe the color mailer cost nothing.

Printing companies do not print for free.

The USPS does not deliver mail for free.

The disclaimer reads as follows: "Paid for by Firearms Owners Against Crime."
    So now I'm a liar? Its paid by the candidate, we did a bunch for Republicans too...

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    So now I'm a liar? Its paid by the candidate, we did a bunch for Republicans too...
    The color campaign mailer clearly states, and I quote, "Paid for by Firearms Owners Against Crime."

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    The color campaign mailer clearly states, and I quote, "Paid for by Firearms Owners Against Crime."
    You apparently don't have even a basic understanding on how these things work and as disrespectful as you've been im not going to educate you. Have a nice day!

(Lancaster County)

What politician from either party would want to be involved with an organization who has a reputation of throwing them under the bus every time the perception of someone potentially better comes along, even though they've done the right things? I know its hard to believe in these times but integrity and honor still exists.

(York County)

Politics has always been a messy affair regarding morals. In the past, there were some underlying values and attitudes about America that were shared by 95% of the people, whether in or out of politics.

In that time, there were disagreements about which values were most important and which methods would reach the goal of making America better. Parties staked out different political positions based on what they thought would get them into office. The American people would often choose, back and forth in succeeding years, to have one party, then the other, promote their particular selections of priorities.

But things have changed. America has supported only a two party political system for most of it's history (with other parties being only spoilers at time). But, we no longer have two parties that want America (based on freedom) to be great. While neither party is perfect, there are clear differences.

We now have one party that is determined to gain power by creating anarchy in our society, by attacking and distorting all the freedoms that America was founded upon, by promoting the idea of equality thru manipulation of our economic system, demanding subservience to the government and it's regulations and by dividing people from each other thru distortions of their differences.

The other party has, for the most part, promoted a political agenda of more freedom (even while the dirtiness of politics has caused it to be self-serving). That party still promotes many of the perspectives and attitudes that allowed individual freedom, which helped America to become a great nation. They more often promote the Constitution and the rule of law (even though they make some bad ones). It still promotes the idea that hard work should rightly have it's economic rewards (that what you earn, mostly belongs to you), that people should have a right to private property over which they have control and that, while we may have differences, for the sake of freedom, we need to tolerate each other.

Neither party is perfect, nor are the voters, but there is a real danger of the very essence of America being destroyed. Freedom to choose presents the option of suicide by depressed and deluded people. It is important that those who love America and want Freedom to continue, do what is necessary to save this Republic from that result.

(I don't agree with attacking FOAC. They've done good work for the 2A. But each voter needs to choose between the available choices to move this country in the right direction. I'll leave that assessment up to the voters in that district.)

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    ^^^^
    Under normal circumstances your post would make perfect sense, unfortunately we are not living in normal times. I won't repeat the litany of anti-American acts in the recent months or the goals of the democratic party. You can look their platform up for yourself.
    If you're a democrat, you may as well be wearing a swastika on your sleeve, and anyone who belongs to that party is an enemy of America.
    There are a shitload of Republicans who fall into that same category however the party platform puts America first. Admittedly I'll have to hold my nose while voting for some of them, but to save America the democratic party must be completely destroyed and replaced by a party or parties that give two shits about the country and not someones individual feelings.
    There was a post in between us, but I think this was directed at what I said. I'll make that assumption and respond. If it wasn't towards my post, then I apologize and please ignore the rest of what I have to say:

You entire post is, what I believe to be, the fundamental issue with what's happening in America. Seemingly, more and more people are towing a party line and thumbing their noses at whatever the "other" side has to say. Here's a request: go through some forums or pages of the other side and see what they're saying about Republicans. Neither you or them are too far off from each other in these sweeping generalizations. Generalizations that are flat out dangerous. It can be beneficial to see how you're perceived to others, even if you don't care what they have to say. When mentoring my employees I call it personal growth.

There's a lot of value in listening to what someone else has to say, even if that someone won't change their mind. It's how we can come to an agreement. Everyone wants to be heard, yourself included, so why not give them an opportunity? Even if they're wrong, if both of you are listening you may be able to come to some common ground.

I'm a staunch conservative, but I'm not naive to the fact that without opposing views it's very difficult to get to the right answer. We've seen what echo chambers can do; that's the reality we live in now. We should do everything in our power to change that.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PottsJ11 View Post
    There was a post in between us, but I think this was directed at what I said. I'll make that assumption and respond. If it wasn't towards my post, then I apologize and please ignore the rest of what I have to say:

You entire post is, what I believe to be, the fundamental issue with what's happening in America. Seemingly, more and more people are towing a party line and thumbing their noses at whatever the "other" side has to say. Here's a request: go through some forums or pages of the other side and see what they're saying about Republicans. Neither you or them are too far off from each other in these sweeping generalizations. Generalizations that are flat out dangerous. It can be beneficial to see how you're perceived to others, even if you don't care what they have to say. When mentoring my employees I call it personal growth.

There's a lot of value in listening to what someone else has to say, even if that someone won't change their mind. It's how we can come to an agreement. Everyone wants to be heard, yourself included, so why not give them an opportunity? Even if they're wrong, if both of you are listening you may be able to come to some common ground.

I'm a staunch conservative, but I'm not naive to the fact that without opposing views it's very difficult to get to the right answer. We've seen what echo chambers can do; that's the reality we live in now. We should do everything in our power to change that.
    I appreciate you're point of view, however I reject the notion that one can have a reasonable conversation with a liberal.
    I've crossed the Rubicon on this issue, so save your mentoring for those who haven't.
    Have a nice day.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

I stopped posting here more than ten years ago because of (at the time) worthless moderation.
    However, this outrageousness can't be left unchallenged:

"Here is Kim's response to the question asked via the website, I don't post things attributed to others without asking first...(snip)
    As to the substance of your concerns, I feel it is appropriate to ask if you even know anything about organization? Do you know that we have been around for 27+ years and are responsible for virtually every major legislative victory in Pennsylvania from act 17 in 1995 to Castle doctrine in 2010?

Kim and FOAC and ACSL, for their own nutty reasons, and in concert with the regular anti-gun groups, vehemently opposed what became this act which brought shall-issue carry to Philadelphia and has since saved so many lives.

How do I know---I was part of the Philadelphia group that pushed this and had to fight off Kim and what the legislative sponsors of Act 17 called the whackadoodles.

There is a reason that FOAC never had much support in this part of the state and it all relates to that.

Years have gone by and, to their credit, they have gotten more sophisticated and have actually stopped screwing things up for gunowners (i.e. stupidly enabling the state supreme court to call the state police gun registry not(!) a gun registry).

There is a reason Pennsylvania gun laws do not mirror NY or NJ gun laws: there are enough pro-gun Democrat legislators in Pa. that their leaders want to keep in office, that gun rights don't get the usual trampling here.
    Kim and FOAC are wise enough to take the long view and not become a Republican Party front group.
    They certainly grown more politically and morally realistic over the years and are to be commended for their efforts.

That being said--I would never trust a liar!

(Fayette County)

Nov. 4, 2020, 8:45 a.m.

So far, in the 50th Legislative District Larry Yost (R) leads Pam Snyder (D) as follows:

Yost: 11,328

Snyder: 10,931

(Mercer County)

Blue Dog Democrat now..a rat nonetheless.

All Democrats are the enemy in my world. Get rid of known enemies first and seek out the rat bastard RINOS later.

Choose your battles to win the war.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast