Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Preparing for AR pistols to become SBRs overnight...

Talk about "alarmist". I enjoy Mr Guns n Gear, but that shit right there ^^^ putting a big "BANNED" on the vid thumbnail just pisses me the fuck off.

It's all about the VIEWS.

You see "BANNED" and you just GOTTA watch the video, only to hear "Well, we don't KNOW if they are banned or not".

Dickheads.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Centre County)

I think people are all overreacting, the Honey Badger thing was done at a regional level, not at the national level, although it will get there when Q makes a small change to the "pistol brace" and presents that to the ATF and gets the ok. These people doing these youtube videos ARE NOT helping the situation. They need to RELAX for a bit and see what is going on before jumping in with everything they think they have.

I also think this is politically motivated so that some group can get another group all twisted out of shape and then do something stupid that the left can point to and say "See we told you so, these xxx guns should be banned".

I don't agree with the bumpstock ban but that was mishandled from the very start and people got all bent out of shape and didn't approach the ban fight the right way (the NRA didn't help matters either I will grant you that, they should have just laid low to see what was going to be the outcry first before acting).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    I think people are all overreacting, the Honey Badger thing was done at a regional level, not at the national level, although it will get there when Q makes a small change to the "pistol brace" and presents that to the ATF and gets the ok. These people doing these youtube videos ARE NOT helping the situation. They need to RELAX for a bit and see what is going on before jumping in with everything they think they have.

I also think this is politically motivated so that some group can get another group all twisted out of shape and then do something stupid that the left can point to and say "See we told you so, these xxx guns should be banned".

I don't agree with the bumpstock ban but that was mishandled from the very start and people got all bent out of shape and didn't approach the ban fight the right way (the NRA didn't help matters either I will grant you that, they should have just laid low to see what was going to be the outcry first before acting).
    What’s being talked about now is a ban on imports due to changes that pertain to the sporting clause. The ATF is making them at their own whim, the letter that was distributed was from the lawyers of the companies that import these items. Many of those who are speaking about this like MAC or Mr Guns and Gear are dealers or own shops themselves and have deeper connections into the firearms world then most.

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

You can call it an overreaction due to it only applying to imports, or only applying to certain specific firearms, but I believe it is an under reaction.

What we are dealing with is a government agency that has declared it has the right to reinterpret firearm laws, whenever they feel it is appropriate. Even after they have committed to one interpretation in writing.

So everyone tries to obey the law and thread that needle that the ATF has laid out for us. Like you can have a brace, but if you add a folding adapter to the buffer tube and use a brace, that makes it a SBR.

Then one day we wake up and millions of us are felons. Maybe I get charged with possessing *suppressor parts* filtering oil on my lawnmower. Or maybe the freeze plugs holding the coolant in my car are NFA items because I have a tin can in the recycling that they fit inside. Maybe I have a 10.5* upper but am using the lower on a rifle right now so that*s intent to create a SBR.

The point is if they have the power to change laws instantaneously, then none of us are safe from anything. And the penalties are draconian. Years in prison. Loss of your career. Loss of your right to vote or own guns. Probably loss of your ability to ever earn a decent living again.

At least Congress is elected. We have some recourse with them.

We absolutely need to flood the White House and Congress and the ATF with as much opposition as we can. Phone calls, letters, anything will help. Take one hour a week and call everyone in government and state your opposition. Imagine if 30 million people said no. It would stop immediately.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post

At least Congress is elected. We have some recourse with them.

We absolutely need to flood the White House and Congress and the ATF with as much opposition as we can. Phone calls, letters, anything will help. Take one hour a week and call everyone in government and state your opposition. Imagine if 30 million people said no. It would stop immediately.
    This is probably the best quote to have every gun owner do. The problem is that everyone won't, they'll let "the other guy" do it and hope enough people send messages so something is done and they don't have to get off their lazy asses and work to hold on to their gun rights. I typically send email messages to my State Senator, Representative and US congress Senators and Representative (good luck with having Toomey/Casey do anything for gun owners though) every week, if for no other reason to have them see that I am watching what they do and my concerns about the way the US is heading.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Let someone else do it is one of the reasons the concept of a representative was formed. The irony is the resulting tendency to let someone else do it.

I've given up on politicians who respond by telling me what THEY think...never citing their intent to REPRESENT.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

If you need a long device in a pinch, you can cut one of those long fuel filters at one end and clear it out so it's single open chamber.

(Franklin County)

I can't wait! The second anything I have becomes contraband, it's going to the workbench to be "upgraded" to full-auto as well, as there will no longer be any down-side to abstaining.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I can't wait! The second anything I have becomes contraband, it's going to the workbench to be "upgraded" to full-auto as well, as there will no longer be any down-side to abstaining.
    Make sure you have a copy of the expedient field guide to improvised (fill in the blank) firearms. Also, Lutys firearm handbooks

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    Is a 5.5" flash hider designed to bring a 10.5" barrel to 16" measured length?
    Why would you want to do that? Get a longer barrel with a standard flash hider and you will have more velocity and less noise/muzzle flash.

And the BATF rules for pinned and welded are clear and the answer is all over the internet. Why are you asking us?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast