Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Preparing for AR pistols to become SBRs overnight...

Some more insight here.

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

So SBA assumed that making a brace similar to one that had been approved in writing was also approved. Seems like bad faith on their part both with the ATF and their customers.

Now, years later, in fact years after they were notified in writing that the majority of their braces were under review, it leaks out that they were selling "unapproved" braces.

When these, or all, braces are determined to be stocks, thereby instantly converting some or all AR pistols into SBRs, will removing the brace bring you back into compliance with the ATF, or will any AR with a barrel under 16" now be NFA, regardless if it has a brace.

I mean, are we just returning to the days before the brace was invented, meaning AR pistols are legal as long as they have naked buffer tubes?

(Allegheny County)

Right now, I'm responding to this wild speculation the same way I did when everyone was in a tizz about shouldering becoming a forbidden act - with a shrug.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calzonewdippingsauce View Post
    If the ATF had to fear losing their ...... the way most of us have to fear losing our guns and dogs to them, it would be a different story.
    Lives.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It appears that way. One thing this does show is the ATF themselves are confirming that there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of what they consider short barrel rifles out there for years in legal use and absolutely no carnage has taken place directly because of it. Americans are no safer or in anymore danger because of it.

This tells me the SBR needs to be removed from the NFA not that the brace should be illegal.
    The entire act that creates the NFA is unconstitutional.
    The courts did an end run around because short shotguns, short barreled rifles, suppressor were not military arms, and thus did not violate the rights of people.

Every single one of them is now the standard for US Army use.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It appears that way. One thing this does show is the ATF themselves are confirming that there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of what they consider short barrel rifles out there for years in legal use and absolutely no carnage has taken place directly because of it. Americans are no safer or in anymore danger because of it.

This tells me the SBR needs to be removed from the NFA not that the brace should be illegal.
    Isn't there something in Heller about firearms that are in common use can't be banned? I know there are lawyers on here...what makes a firearm common enough to be protected under Heller? Or is that one of the great unanswered SCOTUS questions of our time?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    Isn't there something in Heller about firearms that are in common use can't be banned? I know there are lawyers on here...what makes a firearm common enough to be protected under Heller? Or is that one of the great unanswered SCOTUS questions of our time?
    If they achieve the trifecta, it's not going to matter. We won't have a legal leg to stand on, they'll bend and change every single rule to fit their agenda and burn it all down. We won't have legal recourse at that point, if you catch my drift.
    -Brandon

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    If they achieve the trifecta, it's not going to matter. We won't have a legal leg to stand on, they'll bend and change every single rule to fit their agenda and burn it all down. We won't have legal recourse at that point, if you catch my drift.
    There will be legal recourse. Any legislation will be challenged and we're fortunate that RBG died and conservatives have the majority on the court. If we lose the Senate, it's our last, best hope to stop the leftist garbage. Will they pack SCOTUS? Who the hell knows, if they do, you are correct. The rule of law will be dead.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    There will be legal recourse. Any legislation will be challenged and we're fortunate that RBG died and conservatives have the majority on the court. If we lose the Senate, it's our last, best hope to stop the leftist garbage. Will they pack SCOTUS? Who the hell knows, if they do, you are correct. The rule of law will be dead.
    My entire point of "no legal recourse" was in the scenario they did get the Senate and in fact pack the court. Far worse scenario than just Biden becoming president.
    -Brandon

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    My entire point of "no legal recourse" was in the scenario they did get the Senate and in fact pack the court. Far worse scenario than just Biden becoming president.
    Absolutely.

I wonder if the Supreme Court would have a say in a suit over packing the Supreme Court.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast