Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Polymer 80 handguns

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The AG tried to pull some crap recently with 80% lowers but the overreach of power didn't stick thankfully
    Beware the AG Josh Shapiro maybe running for the US Senate or governor in 2022. He is an anti gun zealot and a rising star in the dem party that will bash the 2A at every opportunity.

He has the financial backing of every leftist organization and billionaire in the country. Doesnt look good for how weak the voting record is among the collective gun owners are in this state in stopping the blue wave of dems taking over the Commonwealth.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Best price I’ve found has been rockeybrass.com for the kits. And one of the few I’ve found that still sells the kits with rail modules included since the atf changed their definitions. If you’ve never done one before, go slow, take your time, and be methodical. And use OEM Glock parts. These can be picky about aftermarket mix and match stuff. The worst part of the build was milling the guide rod channel block out. Use a very sharp knife; don’t bother with the dremel/rasp/sanding drum method. Needle files are your friend also.

Do it now while you still can. Good luck finding factory Glock parts kits for a reasonable price though. I had to purchase each item from the kits individually to build mine (LPK and slide parts kits were either non existent or $200+ per kit)

HK, where’d you find that mag well? And is that talon grip tape I see or a custom job?
    the magwell is cross armory I highly recommend all their stuff pin kits , mag release all of it, the grip I just did a quick cerakote job on. Factory parts can be had if anyone is on facebook join the polymer80 master builders page ( I generally post up deals when I can which is usually Sunday. I'll start posting in share deals as well.).

Here's the cross armory stuff for the magwell make sure it says P80 not Glock

https://www.primaryarms.com/search?k...cross%20armory

Also here

https://crossarmory.com/shop/p80-upg...#configuration

https://crossarmory.com/product-cate...odel-type/p80/

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Beware the AG Josh Shapiro maybe running for the US Senate or governor in 2022. He is an anti gun zealot and a rising star in the dem party that will bash the 2A at every opportunity.

He has the financial backing of every leftist organization and billionaire in the country. Doesnt look good for how weak the voting record is among the collective gun owners are in this state in stopping the blue wave of dems taking over the Commonwealth.
    Definitely hear you loud and clear on that one. The AG race is being overshadowed by the others and I'm not too hopeful unfortunately.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    Any good site you recommend buying from?
    as previously stated Rockey Brass also JSD supply should be getting some stuff in but they are going to be a little behind on shipping , for the price you can't beat it though. I strongly recommend you review the marine gunbuilder videos, I don't use a dremel my self to do the pins but I also bought good stubby drill bits and have a phenomenal grasp of level with a hand drill, I also use american bits a size smaller and use a small round needle file to final fit so everything is nice and snug. My advice is go slow and use the tools you are comfortable with vs. what everyone else tells you because you are going to get 7 different ways to do the same thing. What might work for someone else may not work for you.

Side note make sure your channel is clean and even to the sides of the locking block and smooth at the bottom edge (there are videos on the page I listed below) that's the number one error aside from pin holes that screws up a lot of peoples function. It will hang up your slide and cause issues.

Videos and parts and tool links all here

https://www.marinegunbuilder.com/

I'm putting this first so you know where not to buy

Lancaster tactical supply DO NOT DO IT please for the love of god don't look up their reviews but when you come across them (and you will) stay far far away.
    Urban Survival Arms ... you may or may not ever see anything from them ... ever

Here is a mixed bad F&F used to be great they got backlogged and made several customers angry by shooting off their mouth, that being said they had done some great deals for people over the years and I wouldn't discount them .... you will eventually get your stuff but I would wait till some of the crazy dies down.

https://fandffirearms.com/

Couple reliable sites to purchase from also let me break down the sizes ....

940V2 = 17/22 full size frame
    940c = 19/23 Compact frame
    940sc 26/27 sub compact frame
    P45 = 20/21 Full size frame

https://jsdsupply.com/glock/?sort=pricedesc&page=2
    5off gives you a 5% discount at JSD

https://www.rockeybrass.com/

when they are in stock you're gtg here at MDX make sure to read all the descriptions important
    Free shipping code is FSMGB or MGBFS (one of those is right)
    https://mdxarms.com/

I'll pop back in there are more but I got a kid that needs to get to the bus stop sooooooo....

It*s everything in one package but requires FFL and they are serialized...I wouldn*t hesitate to buy one for convenience if I were to build another one. Cheaper than the $1200 I spend on mine, but I have the lightened RMR cut slide and a vortex viper
    Then what's the point?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Then what's the point?
    Those are for democrats.
    More work - less freedom.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Then what's the point?
    That’s what I said when I saw that 🤣 I’d buy one to build as a carry gun, only so I don’t incur the wrath of the prosecution for having a scary unserialized firearm in the unlikely event I ever have to defend myself with lethal force...decoy pistol
    Last edited by HanzMcFeely; October 26th, 2020 at 10:30 AM.

(Lancaster County)

It’s everything in one package but requires FFL and they are serialized...I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one for convenience if I were to build another one. Cheaper than the $1200 I spend on mine, but I have the lightened RMR cut slide and a vortex viper
    that's incorrect the build buy shoot kits are not serialized it's just everything you need to build one out to completion

https://3crtactical.com/product/poly...ild-shoot-kit/

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    that's incorrect the build buy shoot kits are not serialized it's just everything you need to build one out to completion

https://3crtactical.com/product/poly...ild-shoot-kit/
    My bad. I was under the impression/assumption they were serialized. I’m an ass 🤣

They still have to go thru FFL though correct? I looked at them before buying the lower kit and building one just for convenience and cost, and every place I looked was requiring them to be shipped to FFL as if I were purchasing a completed pistol online

(Allegheny County)

My bad. I was under the impression/assumption they were serialized. I*m an ass 🤣

They still have to go thru FFL though correct? I looked at them before buying the lower kit and building one just for convenience and cost, and every place I looked was requiring them to be shipped to FFL as if I were purchasing a completed pistol online
    The only thing that should require an FFL is a serialized one.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast