Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Traveling to NY with firearms

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    I had to make a day trip to Ithaca last weekend......guess I should have left my handgun home and not on my hip huh?

Be damned if I go anywhere without the ability to protect myself.
    No way. I have to say I carried 48 states but since I retired and what I've seen over the last 10 years I wouldn't do it again.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    I had to make a day trip to Ithaca last weekend......guess I should have left my handgun home and not on my hip huh?

Be damned if I go anywhere without the ability to protect myself.
    You conceal carry into NY? I support it, just dont think I got the guts to do it myself.

(Lehigh County)

Angry Re: Traveling to NY with firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    You conceal carry into NY? I support it, just dont think I got the guts to do it myself.
    It's really shameful that we as Americans have to jump through hoops and fear prosecution when traveling within our own country 😠

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    It's really shameful that we as Americans have to jump through hoops and fear prosecution when traveling within our own country 😠
    Gun owners need to do their part and vote.

Im a NY LEO. You can bring rifles and shotguns to NY. Ammo in the glove compartment weapons empty in the trunk. No Ar’s or handguns period. Thats NY law. If you’re going to be hunting do make sure you have a NYS hunting license.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

If you value your freedom, DON'T DO IT.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Im a NY LEO. You can bring rifles and shotguns to NY. Ammo in the glove compartment weapons empty in the trunk. No Ar*s or handguns period. Thats NY law. If you*re going to be hunting do make sure you have a NYS hunting license.
    Even with lever action, pump or bolt rifles do you not have to be concerned with the "large capacity ammunition feeding device" prohibitions?

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Im a NY LEO. You can bring rifles and shotguns to NY. Ammo in the glove compartment weapons empty in the trunk. No Ar*s or handguns period. Thats NY law. If you*re going to be hunting do make sure you have a NYS hunting license.
    Even with lever action, pump or bolt rifles do you not have to be concerned with the "large capacity ammunition feeding device" prohibitions?

3. Certain Tubular Devices / Curios and Relic Exemptions
    Possession of an ammunition feeding device that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds is still legal under the Safe Act if:
    a. It is an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with
    .22 caliber rimfire ammunition; or,
    b. It qualifies as a curio or relic. In order for a magazine to be a curio or relic it must:
    i. Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date; and,
    ii. Is capable of being used exclusively in a weapon that was manufactured at least
    50 prior to the current date; and,
    iii. The possessor is not prohibited from possessing a firearm; and, iv. The magazine is registered with the State Police
    Curios and relics may still be legally purchased and brought into the State but they must be registered within 30 days of their transfer into New York. The restrictions on transfers, applicable to Assault Weapons, do not apply to relics or curios.
    4. Possessing a magazine loaded with more than 7 rounds / New PL section 265.37
    New PL section 265.37 had made it a crime to load any magazine with more than 7 rounds of ammunition, regardless of the capacity of the magazine. On December 31st, the United States District Court for the Western District of New York issued a decision as a result of challenges to various provisions of the New York Safe Act. While the federal district court upheld most of its provisions, the Court held that this section, "Unlawful Possession of Certain Ammunition Feeding Devices," was unconstitutional. As a result of the Court*s decision members are instructed not to enforce PL 265.37 at this time."

NY Laws are a nightmare!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12