(Berks County)

Default Re: Armslist No Longer Free

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    What is the name of the Uzi forum?
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/index.php
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

I was just on there. I put pittsburgh in the search function and sonofabitch. I could see listings.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Armslist is the Internet version of the Star Wars cantina on Tatooine.
    Yep, both full of scum and villainy .
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    perhaps the reason you didn't use armslist is because of the proliferation of scammers? maybe this move will help reverse that trend, somehow.
    I haven't looked (mostly because, armslist is so full of scammers I stopped bothering to look there ) but what is the fee they're asking?
    IIRC, didn't gunbroker also require some small fee to sign up to buy, with a note that it would be "credited" towards the seller's fee if you ever use their service to sell?
    The fee is Premium Personal
    $3.99 / month - ACH
    $6.99 / month - Credit Card

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I was just on there. I put pittsburgh in the search function and sonofabitch. I could see listings.
    You can view listings but you cannot contact the seller unless they put contact info directly in the post.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkowboys View Post
    You can view listings but you cannot contact the seller unless they put contact info directly in the post.
    thx

(Erie County)

I saw on Facebook and confirmed myself that Armslist is no longer free to sell or buy on. If you are browsing and want to contact a seller, a notification pops up requiring you to upgrade your account to a paid personal account. It also appears this is not an error of some sort because the details of the paid account specifically lists contacting sellers as an advantage.

Besides PAFOA and now excluding armslist, are there any other places for finding local used firearms classifieds?

Interesting to see if people go along with this to sell or buy firearms now. Hopefully this will mean more traffic for PAFOA.
    Well, I guess I'm not using it anymore. I've had good luck with selling several pistols there, but I won't be using it again if I have to pay.

(Chester County)

This is the notification sent from Armslist if anyone is interested, and it includes their reasoning for going paid. I had to dig through my spam to find it. I have used Armslist to successfully sell one firearm and buy one firearm without issue. There are some scams, but there is very little available to trade or sell between in state private parties.

Dear Armslist User,

I hope all is well.

You may be finding yourself having some difficulty navigating the site. We thank you for your patience as we upgrade our infrastructure in an effort to reduce scams, and improve the overall user experience. As you may know, we are facing yet another lawsuit from the anti-gunners at Brady United. In an effort to offset the mounting legal costs, we have created a new paid account type: The Premium Personal Program. While it's still in it's early stages, our roadmap for the program includes some exciting new characteristics for our users including exclusive discounts, exclusive deals, and a plethora of new site and account features in the months to come. If you'd like to give it a try, click here.

Thank you again for your continued patience and support as we experience these growing pains. We hope to offer a vastly improved experience soon.

Best,

J. Gibbon

(Montgomery County)

This is the notification sent from Armslist if anyone is interested, and it includes their reasoning for going paid. I had to dig through my spam to find it. I have used Armslist to successfully sell one firearm and buy one firearm without issue. There are some scams, but there is very little available to trade or sell between in state private parties.

Dear Armslist User,

I hope all is well.

You may be finding yourself having some difficulty navigating the site. We thank you for your patience as we upgrade our infrastructure in an effort to reduce scams, and improve the overall user experience. As you may know, we are facing yet another lawsuit from the anti-gunners at Brady United. In an effort to offset the mounting legal costs, we have created a new paid account type: The Premium Personal Program. While it's still in it's early stages, our roadmap for the program includes some exciting new characteristics for our users including exclusive discounts, exclusive deals, and a plethora of new site and account features in the months to come. If you'd like to give it a try, click here.

Thank you again for your continued patience and support as we experience these growing pains. We hope to offer a vastly improved experience soon.

Best,

J. Gibbon
    I have no problem paying for a service. I am always suspicious of *free* services..
    I might give it a shot for a couple of months to see if it*s worth it..

(Clearfield County)

So RIP armslist I guess, but where will people who refuse to look at the location of an ad before saying they will buy it, and then upon finding out the distance say "that's too far" go now?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast