Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Armslist No Longer Free

It's always been the case that you get what you pay for.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I would be happy to pay as a seller. Charging buyers, though, is the kiss of death. It's going to decimate the market. Charging buyers is stupid AF.

(Berks County)

You guys are making it sound like I'm missing something by not shopping there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

I*ve used Armslist for 3 years... never an issue.
    I emailed them about restoring favorites for free accounts, I got some canned response about making Armslist better and safer. All they did was force members to pay. I don*t buy enough to warrant an account, and sure as hell not giving them access to my checking account.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    You guys are making it sound like I'm missing something by not shopping there.
    You could get some decent deals if you looked regularly. Recently picked up primers at a good price, though I found out it was also listed here.

There's a couple of things it did better than the PAFOA classifieds. Better sorting by region, better search. You used to be able to go filter by brand or caliber, though that's long gone.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I would be happy to pay as a seller. Charging buyers, though, is the kiss of death. It's going to decimate the market. Charging buyers is stupid AF.
    I think all the buyers will be gone eventually. Once they realize they cannot contact a seller. I think a monthly subscription for buyers is a bad idea, but a one time fee of maybe $1 to contact the seller would be more acceptable to a buyer. I get charging a fee for sellers. That makes much more sense.

I have bought off Armslist within 25 miles of the house. No issues in the few times I used it.
    Maybe...........just maybe, they can cut down on the amount of idiots selling their Garands on the State Collage location for 800 dollars with a Florida number and the same stock picture they used for a 30 Carbine in Pittsburgh. It may also get rid of the dealers that throw 30 adds in a row on a site that crowd out the private sale listings.
    The site has spiraled down hill for years! This could help it or it could put the final nail in it's coffin.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Years ago Armslist was a great place to buy sell and trade. A dog is a reflection of its owner. That's why it's Scamslist now. It's full of scams ,gun rapists and tire kickers. It's not worth paying a dime to shop there. In Pa there is Rennugs Classifieds. There is also GunBroker ,Guns International. If you are gonna pay a fee, do it where people are registered with a paper trail , have ratings and is safer. Armslist just commited suicide. Bye

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerballs View Post
    Years ago Armslist was a great place to buy sell and trade. A dog is a reflection of its owner. That's why it's Scamslist now. It's full of scams ,gun rapists and tire kickers. It's not worth paying a dime to shop there. In Pa there is Rennugs Classifieds. There is also GunBroker ,Guns International. If you are gonna pay a fee, do it where people are registered with a paper trail , have ratings and is safer. Armslist just commited suicide. Bye
    I never heard about Rennugs. I like it. A simple classified forum. It’s a shame it’s all central and western PA. Nothing near the south eastern corner.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkowboys View Post
    I think all the buyers will be gone eventually. Once they realize they cannot contact a seller. I think a monthly subscription for buyers is a bad idea, but a one time fee of maybe $1 to contact the seller would be more acceptable to a buyer. I get charging a fee for sellers. That makes much more sense.
    I'm seeing new ads being posted, and sellers are starting to put their contact info in the ads.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast