Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default Little help, TC Renegade muzzleloader in .54 cal.

Picked up a Renegade from a member here (thanks ihunt49) and I'm looking for a load-data chart. Checked the interwebs and TCs website without much luck. I emailed TC but I'm not very hopeful with the change in ownership since this rifle was made. They only have Hawken .50 cal manuals in their download archives.

If my memory isn't totally shot, 120 grains of 2F was the max. But I don't want to go off memory for something like this. If you have your Renegade or Hawken manual that has .54 cal loads, a PDF or photo would be helpful. Also, if you've got some pet loads for the .54 cal TC muzzleloaders, let's hear them.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Little help, TC Renegade muzzleloader in .54 cal.

Here you go. I only hunt with a Maxi-ball or the Lee Real bullet when hunting. In my 50 Cal Hawken they are more accurate than the round ball and have amazing penetration on deer. The only bullet I ever recovered was from a button buck facing me. I hit it in the neck and found the bullet under the skin behind the ham. 5 feet of penetration is good enough for me and your 54 cal will have even more.

20201022_113607.jpg

crop 2.jpg

(Perry County)

Default Re: Little help, TC Renegade muzzleloader in .54 cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Here you go. I only hunt with a Maxi-ball or the Lee Real bullet when hunting. In my 50 Cal Hawken they are more accurate than the round ball and have amazing penetration on deer. The only bullet I ever recovered was from a button buck facing me. I hit it in the neck and found the bullet under the skin behind the ham. 5 feet of penetration is good enough for me and your 54 cal will have even more.

20201022_113607.jpg

crop 2.jpg
    Thanks much.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato