Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny County LTCF blues

So I made my renewal appointment around two months ago. In true Allegheny county fashion I never received a notice my LTCF would expire (I keep track of my own paper work so this wasn't an issue). Today I check the sheriffs website before heading to my 830 appointment. It states they are now taking walk-in appointments for renewal and new licenses. I drive down and there was a line two city blocks long. I ended up talking to two different sheriffs who both told me to get in line and that there was no way to honor the appointment. I didn't have the "hour and a half to two and a half hours" to wait today. My ltcf expires four days ago. I know I can carry in pa for six month after the expiration date BUT I cannot carry out of state (Like to visit family in Ohio). The good news is they are now issuing new LTCF's (the website stopped taking appointments for new license at least a month ago). The bad news is the wait is an undue burdent. I will end up either taking a day off or showing up at 0600 and waiting in a less populated line (no offense but I really don't want small talk with my line waiting)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny County LTCF blues

Wow, that's a long wait. Would be nice for a shorter line for those with appoinments.

(Allegheny County)

FROM their Facebook page....

The Allegheny County Sheriff’s Office will once again be welcoming “Walk-In” applicants for License to Carry starting Wednesday, October 21st between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
    Any applicant (new or renewal) can apply for their LTC without an appointment. However, appointments will take priority over “walk-ins”.
    It is important to note that all applicants must have their completed application, PA Driver’s License or ID, $20 cash, and a mask to apply. We will be practicing social distancing, so please bear with us during this process. Also, Deputies will be checking applicant’s temperature upon arrival.
    This current process is a trial to see how we can manage LTC applicants and we will continue to explore opportunities to make this process more efficient, yet safe for applicants.
    Additionally, the Sheriff’s Office will be exploring more satellite opportunities, as well as weekends at the courthouse.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah they told me appointments don't matter. The one sheriff said over half the line was people who have or had an appointment and that a "bunch" more were people who were turned away when "the system was down". I'm sure it will settle down. I am really happy they started processing new licenses again. Just wish they had more terminals open to deal with the backlog of renewals and new applicants..
    The wife had her renewal appointment on Monday. It took 5 min. Should have made my appointment with hers....

(Allegheny County)

someone just posted this...

I walked right in today at 2pm and was in and out in 2 min

(Juniata County)

Should have handed it to he however you talked to and send that is received. I expect my license within 45 days per the law.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

This is good to know. I was honestly angry at being made to wait so long for an appointment then showing up and having it be voided. Wasted over an hour of my day (drive down parking and drive back) and I didn't have the time today to wait around. Obviously I will end up down there soon to renew. If they were a buissnes I would go elsewhere but they have the monopoly on these licenses...
    I know other states have it worse. I am also aware that I am upset at ltcf and ownership roadblock or setbacks. The lawmakers in Pittsburgh have made clear their hostility to firearm ownership and ltcf.

(Allegheny County)

the first day everyone had the same idea.. get there early.. my wife has an appointment for March 2021 lol
    I'll try and get her in some time next week , let it slow down a little hopefully

(York County)

I*ll scream it again:

Tired of this crap? CALL YOUR REP AND DEMAND CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY!!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

Update
    I blocked off the morning today to go back downtown. It was around an hour and forty five minute wait. From what one of the sheriffs told me the wait times are hit or miss. Glad I got it taken care of today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast