Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Allegheny County LTCF blues

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I*ll scream it again:

Tired of this crap? CALL YOUR REP AND DEMAND CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY!!
    Agreed.

This is an older thread and hasn't been updated for 6 weeks or so, and now the Allegheny County office is CLOSED "due to COVID".

Sure does seem like "gun control by pandemic" to me.

We have the right carry/bear arms. I for one feel we DO need some semblance of a background check just to try and keep firearms out of the hands of true whackjobs, but the questions they ask on a form is not going to do that 100%......that is done when you buy a gun (for which in PA you do not need to have a LTC).....isn't THAT where the background check makes the most sense?

A criminal is gonna "concealed carry" with or without permission from the sheriff...LOL

There is no excuse to denying Allegheny county residents the RIGHT if carry concealed if they choose to do so and are trying to do so "legally".

They closed because the 5-7 people who normally do it are sick.

SO BRING IN MORE PEOPLE!

It isn't rocket science.....take a form and $20 from a person....punch their info into the database, get a result, then either deny and boot them away or approve , take a picture and make a license.

EASY PEASEY.

When "legal" concealed carry is made impossible due to bureaucratic BS like this, what do they think people are gonna do when they feel they need to protect themselves?

The only 'legal' option would be to open carry in public.....and that I think, while it doesn't bother ME.....will cause more issues when the cops are inundated by calls about "there is a guy at the walmart carrying a gun!".

I mean...this is sheer LUNACY......I remember when it was illegal to walk into most places WITH a mask of any kind on...now it is required.....

But a person who wants to carry a concealed weapon for self defense is ILLEGAL without a donation of $20 to the sheriff's office.

SMDH

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by shadango View Post
    Agreed.

This is an older thread and hasn't been updated for 6 weeks or so, and now the Allegheny County office is CLOSED "due to COVID".

Sure does seem like "gun control by pandemic" to me.

We have the right carry/bear arms. I for one feel we DO need some semblance of a background check just to try and keep firearms out of the hands of true whackjobs, but the questions they ask on a form is not going to do that 100%......that is done when you buy a gun (for which in PA you do not need to have a LTC).....isn't THAT where the background check makes the most sense?

A criminal is gonna "concealed carry" with or without permission from the sheriff...LOL

There is no excuse to denying Allegheny county residents the RIGHT if carry concealed if they choose to do so and are trying to do so "legally".

They closed because the 5-7 people who normally do it are sick.

SO BRING IN MORE PEOPLE!

It isn't rocket science.....take a form and $20 from a person....punch their info into the database, get a result, then either deny and boot them away or approve , take a picture and make a license.

EASY PEASEY.

When "legal" concealed carry is made impossible due to bureaucratic BS like this, what do they think people are gonna do when they feel they need to protect themselves?

The only 'legal' option would be to open carry in public.....and that I think, while it doesn't bother ME.....will cause more issues when the cops are inundated by calls about "there is a guy at the walmart carrying a gun!".

I mean...this is sheer LUNACY......I remember when it was illegal to walk into most places WITH a mask of any kind on...now it is required.....

But a person who wants to carry a concealed weapon for self defense is ILLEGAL without a donation of $20 to the sheriff's office.

SMDH

FROM---Allegheny County Sheriff's Office

�� FIREARMS UPDATE ��
    The Allegheny County Sheriff*s Office Firearms division will be open starting Monday, December 7, 2020. We will be taking walk-ins from 8:00am to 12:00pm, Monday thru Friday.
    If you have a scheduled appointment or you missed your appointment from November 27, 2020, thru December 4, 2020, you will come to the front of the line, you will take preference over those that are walk-ins.
    **Please arrive with your completed application, $20 Cash, a Valid PA ID or Drivers License, and ensure you're wearing a mask and social distancing.

(Berks County)

And so it goes. This time last year Chinese were dropping in the streets. Not too many here took notice. Three months later all the bs started. Now the great election robbery is playing. Getting tiresome.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    FROM---Allegheny County Sheriff's Office

�� FIREARMS UPDATE ��
    The Allegheny County Sheriff*s Office Firearms division will be open starting Monday, December 7, 2020. We will be taking walk-ins from 8:00am to 12:00pm, Monday thru Friday.
    If you have a scheduled appointment or you missed your appointment from November 27, 2020, thru December 4, 2020, you will come to the front of the line, you will take preference over those that are walk-ins.
    **Please arrive with your completed application, $20 Cash, a Valid PA ID or Drivers License, and ensure you're wearing a mask and social distancing.
    Thanks for posting that! I did not catch that news.....

I wonder if the lines will be ridiculous as they always have though.

I got mine some 20 years ago...there were crazy long wait times then.....and every time I go back to renew......I am not due for a couple more years.....it would be nice if they got their crap in gear and figured out how to fix what is obviously broken.

(Allegheny County)

I had to wait for a few months for my appointment date, but when I did go in a month or so ago, there were about FIVE people there. No line.
    That may not be the norm, but it did surprise me.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12