Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Supreme Court declines to block PA mail-in ballot extension

4 to 4. It's was a tie so the order remains. Guess which Judge joined with the other side?

Supreme Court declines to block Pennsylvania mail-in ballot extension

An evenly divided Supreme Court said Monday it is declining to block a Pennsylvania state court ruling allowing mail-in ballots in the crucial battleground state to be counted as long as they*re postmarked by Election Day, even if they arrive up to three days later.

The order from the high court is a victory for Democrats, as the presidential campaigns prepare for an all-out battle for the state's 20 electoral votes.

The justices offered no explanation for their decision. Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh all noted they would have granted Republicans' application for a stay.
    The announcement from the court indicates that the shorthanded court divided 4-4, with Chief Justice John Roberts joining with the three remaining

Democratic appointees to refuse to grant emergency relief in the case. A tied vote leaves the existing ruling in place.
    The result raises the possibility that if the Senate acts in the coming days to confirm President Donald Trump*s nominee, federal Judge Amy Coney Barrett, to fill the court*s current vacancy the court could form a majority capable of stepping in and blocking the ruling Pennsylvania's state Supreme

Court issued last month extending the ballot-receipt deadline in the state by three days.
    Republicans argued in emergency applications filed recently that the state court*s ruling, triggered by the coronavirus pandemic and potential postal delays, violated the U.S. Constitution by usurping the role of the state legislature and by pushing the election past Election Day.

Democrats said those arguments were without merit, with the state Democratic Party urging the justices to move the case from the emergency docket to the regular one and issuing a precedent-setting ruling that would strengthen Democrats* hand in fighting similar GOP-led legal challenges in other states, which the court also did not do.

Citing the ongoing dangers posed by Covid-19, Democrats have been pressing to extend ballot counting periods and ease mail-in voting by lifting technical requirements * while President Donald Trump has warned based on little evidence that those changes will lead to massive fraud. Some in the GOP have chafed at the president*s statements, noting that Republicans often outperform Democrats in mail-in and absentee balloting.
    I
    In a Sept. 17 ruling, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court approved Democratic Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar*s request to extend the absentee ballot receipt deadline to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 6. She said such an extension was needed to address delays due to recent postal service changes that could result in ballots not reaching election officials as quickly as they have in the past
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...W3&ocid=HPCDHP

(Berks County)

Default Re: Supreme Court declines to block PA mail-in ballot extension

Rob go to the island ?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Lehigh County)

Exclamation Re: Supreme Court declines to block PA mail-in ballot extension

Get what you can soon it's going to be rough

(Delaware County)

I don*t understand the problem. More Republicans vote by mail then Dems.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

and PA just went for Biden.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Columbia County)

And to think many wanted the supreme court to hear second amendment cases like assault weapons bans and magazine limitations. I know Roberts voted in favor of the 2A in Heller vs DC but that was 12 years ago. I have no confidence in him deciding a 2A case now days. I don't know if he was black mailed or bribed by the left or has a axe to grind with the right. Whatever the reason he has become the Benedict Arnold of the court.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I don*t understand the problem. More Republicans vote by mail then Dems.
    Democrats vote by mail twice, sometimes three times, depending on how many dead people are available.
    Republican ballots have a way of ending up in the trash instead of the ballot box.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Democrats vote by mail twice, sometimes three times, depending on how many dead people are available.
    Republican ballots have a way of ending up in the trash instead of the ballot box.
    I keep hearing this, but never see widespread proof. Dems use the same argument in Southern states. They never seem to prove it either.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Bucks County)

I keep hearing this, but never see widespread proof. Dems use the same argument in Southern states. They never seem to prove it either.
    Pennsylvania has rejected more than 370,000 applications for mail-in ballots, most of which were duplicate requests, according to a report by ProPublica and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

The battleground state's election offices rejected 372,000 requests for mail-in ballots, according to the report. About 90 percent of the denied application requests were duplicates, and 1 in 5 requests have been rejected .
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...lowing-primary

(Montgomery County)

I have read many news reports of ballots being found in the trash or discarded on the street.
    Also many news reports of people receiving multiple ballots at their address for people that don't live there.
    Also many news reports of people receiving incorrect ballots.
    Also many news reports of voter fraud vulnerabilities.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast