Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: VERIFY: If you go hunting, are you required to wear an orange mask with the Pa. G

The Deer or the Hunter ? or Both ?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: VERIFY: If you go hunting, are you required to wear an orange mask with the Pa. G

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I can't believe anyone would believe something so absurd.
    I can’t believe I bought two of them!

(Berks County)

Sucker lol!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

Fudds are generally hard-headed morons who will believe damn near anything.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Reminds me of a hunter that had stopped for gasoline at a station I worked part time at while in high school. He went into the station office area while I filled his truck's tank, and then I went inside. The hunter was head-to-mid-calf fluorescent orange, but wearing 10" brown lace-up boots. One of the old timers sitting in one of the chairs said, "Goin' hunting, huh?" and the customer replied "yeah" and mentioned having a camp not far north. He added, "I was shot at last year wearing just an orange hat with my Woolrich coat, so I'm playing it safe with this orange outfit." The other old-timer in the other chair said dryly, "Taking a hell of a chance with them brown boots, then, aintcha?"

Noah
    ROFL!

THAT'S way too funny.

The odd thing is, having worked around some very busy construction sites and the short stint that I worked in towing/recovery, I've become a living endorsement for hi-vis clothing. Hell, I've had birdshot come within 3' of my head while I was wearing a full flo orange vest and ball cap.

I'm not out to make a fashion statement. I'm just trying to enjoy hunting and not get killed by the stupidest people among us, who are also allowed to hunt.

I may be able to get the woman who sold me my Trump 2020 mask to have a few made up in flo orange. Perhaps even with a Keystone logo on them.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Carbon County)

Sandcut--You bet. Many a time I caught guys in camo rifle deer hunting. First I heard of this mask nonsense, but plenty of orange is a good thing. One year we caught a guy in a gilhilli (Spelling?) suit when we were hunting in WV. Most of these clowns say "They can't shoot you if they can't see you". All you guys that wear the skimpyist, faded and dirty orange they can find are fools. You are taking a hell of a chance. I agree, under the right circumstances deer can pick out orange, but is it worth it?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    Sandcut--You bet. Many a time I caught guys in camo rifle deer hunting. First I heard of this mask nonsense, but plenty of orange is a good thing. One year we caught a guy in a gilhilli (Spelling?) suit when we were hunting in WV. Most of these clowns say "They can't shoot you if they can't see you". All you guys that wear the skimpyist, faded and dirty orange they can find are fools. You are taking a hell of a chance. I agree, under the right circumstances deer can pick out orange, but is it worth it?
    My understanding from reading something many years ago is that deer don't necessarily see " orange". They see the ultraviolet "shine" that the flo orange gives off because of the UV enhancers in laundry detergent. They make your clothes more vivid. Don't believe it? Hit a pair of faded blue jeans with a black light and watch them fluoresce. Just wash you hunting clothes in borax of clear water to prevent this.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

For a long time, science thought deer are color blind. About 20 year ago "they" concluded of late that deer can see some shades of green.

I have had deer not see me while wearing camo orange, and I have had them see me (or act like they are trying to figure out what I am).

The declaration of UV sight came from training them to find food by following UV enhanced objects. I wonder how they blocked their other senses during the test.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    My understanding from reading something many years ago is that deer don't necessarily see " orange". They see the ultraviolet "shine" that the flo orange gives off because of the UV enhancers in laundry detergent. They make your clothes more vivid. Don't believe it? Hit a pair of faded blue jeans with a black light and watch them fluoresce. Just wash you hunting clothes in borax of clear water to prevent this.
    The military is the one that discovered the UV dyes are in laundry detergent. When you wash your hunting clothes use a non scented dishwashing liquid that contains no UV dyes. I know, I know, many don't clean their guns why would they wash their clothes?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

I know the PGC comes up with some wild things from time to time but unless you are not completely breathing pure air, how could anyone believe something like that? Maybe if you have a lot of things on your mind and you only give it 1 second of thought and store it in a lobe that is already mushy, I can't see how it can be fathomed.
    Maybe I'll post something along the lines that "Pennsylvania male hunters, (or hunters who identify as males), must wear 1 sq inch of hunter orange on their penis while pissing in the woods on Pa State Game Lands. It isn't required on regular state forest or private ground".
    It's just about as believable as the face mask BS. I worry about the generation behind mine that will have to take care of me someday!!!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast