Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Biden’s plan: Pay to keep your property or become a felon

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I wouldn't even consider myself a big time gun owner but I'd be on the hook for over 10 grand just on magazines alone. No way in hell I'm paying any bill the government tries to send me for that.

A man with nothing to lose is a dangerous man.

What they'll do is threaten you with a large NFA tax bill with what they "estimate" you have, but they'll make it easy on you. Just drop off the items at an approved confiscation center and they'll forget all about the money. I would bet 40-50% of gun owners in the country would fold like a deck of cards.
    If this is successful, I'd probably SBR the rifles that I got at an FFL and keep quiet on the rest. No way in Hell am I going to pay for a stamp for a plain Jane AR.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    How does a Republican senate constrain executive edicts?
    Can they get a full on "the 2nd doesn't exist" order through by executive action alone? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I agree. Anyone who watched the Kavanaugh hearings, or the Trump impeachment, has no doubt that the Democrats will not exercise any self-restraint in working towards their goals, any more than Kamala Harris got her opportunities while standing up and working hard.

Biden wouldn't last a month as the real president. Harris is a joke, a coy mean girl with no spine.

The real power behind the scenes is the cabal that includes Soros and Jarrett, and they have no soft spot for America. They hate us, they want us humbled and broken, and if Biden wins they'll have the power to do that, unless the GOP holds the Senate.
    The GOP holding the Senate seems likely IMO, regardless of what happens with Trump. If we have a Dem House and President, but the Senate stays Republican, there's a chance damage is minimized. I'd love to see the Democrats freak out when the Repubs refuse to listen to nominations of additional justices to the SC.

There's only one poll that matters this election cycle, the question is: Do you feel your life has improved in the last four years? Evidently, the number of Yes answers is in the mid 50 percent range. The last President who failed to secure re-election had a number in the mid 30s. Obama, W, both were in the mid 40s.

Go vote like your life and the nation depends on it, because it does.

"We" may have the final power thanks to the 2nd as it has been mostly enjoyed up to this point... but how many of us are going to get through a revolution scot free? Probably about none. Civil War isn't pretty, we should avoid it at all costs. Trump backed off the ledge with anti thoughts. I don't think any further damage will happen with him in office.

(Columbia County)

The feds did it in the 90s overnight when they classified the Street sweeper, USAS and Striker 12 shotguns as destructive devices. Bill Clinton didn't use congress to accomplish this. At the time the treasury secretary Lloyd Benson ordered it.
    If you have a carbine style pistol it's already on the PSP registry that I'm sure PSP will share with ATF if the reclassification of semi autos even happens.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Can they get a full on "the 2nd doesn't exist" order through by executive action alone? Time will tell.

The GOP holding the Senate seems likely IMO, regardless of what happens with Trump. If we have a Dem House and President, but the Senate stays Republican, there's a chance damage is minimized. I'd love to see the Democrats freak out when the Repubs refuse to listen to nominations of additional justices to the SC.

Biden (and eventually Harris) will use any and all executive powers to destroy the 2nd, I have no doubt in that. It's unfortunately a better scenario than the dems taking the all 3 and pushing actual legislation; but all of it sucks. They will do it.
    -Brandon

(Columbia County)

I hope the never Trumper gun owners who intent to vote for third party are reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I hope the never Trumper gun owners who intent to vote for third party are reading this thread.
    3rd party votes are a pompous way to betray your friends while telling yourself that you have integrity.

It's like being in a battle against the Nazis in a cornfield, and some of your fellow soldiers decide to wander off and assault an empty farmhouse 20 miles away, because they think it's a more noble target than a cornfield. So you lose the battle, you lose the war, but your idiot friends blame you for not joining them in attacking the empty farmhouse.

They are not your friends, they are idiots who the enemy finds useful.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Absolutely.
    I'm sure Jo Jorgenson is a nice lady, but 2020 may be the worst time to try to expand the current 2 party system. There is just way too much at stake.

(York County)

And you forget that the Dems will try to abolish the Electoral College so that California, NY, and New Jersey can have sway over the country.
    Also they will add DC and Puerto Rico as states to guarantee a perpetual Democratic Senate majority.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The timeline would be:
    - Biden wins, the Dems get Senate majority.
    - Senate eliminates filibuster.
    - Dem majority passes new gun control.
    - Supreme Court strikes it down, because AR-15's are indisputably among the "most commonly owned weapons".
    - Dems pack the new court, 9-6 majority of shameless Progressive hacks.
    - Dems pass the AWB again, the new court rubber-stamps it 10-5 (they still have dirt on Roberts).
    - Confiscations begin. Many police refuse to obey, but some follow orders.
    - Unlike the Jews being rounded up the Gestapo in the 1930's, gun owners shoot back.
    - Things happen kinetically.
    - American flag is modified to reflect the states that have now left the union, just as soon as all the high level official funerals are finished.

But wait, there's more!

Biden's gun control plan bans ALL online sales of firearms, magazines, ammunition, and accessories. This includes all gun kits and parts.

You won't be able to order guns online for transfer through a local FFL. No more building guns or buying spare parts.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    You won't be able to order guns online for transfer through a local FFL. No more building guns or buying spare parts.
    So in addition to raising taxes AND taxing people for property they already own, he wants to completely eliminate a multi billion dollar segment of the economy. The sheer genius of such a plan is astounding.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast