Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clarion County)

Default Tried Shooters World Tactical Rifle Powder for .223 loads

Kinda long. Summary: works well was impressed. If in need of powder during the dry times something to consider.
    Awhile back I picked up some Shooters World Tactical Rifle Powder for just under $20/pound.
    I was getting low on .223, 55 gr. plinking rounds for my Mini-14 and had some time so I worked up a few loads.
    Shooters World powders are made in the Czech Republic by Explosia Co. (gotta like that a name) imported by Lovex. Popular in Europe and has been showing up here with some positive reports on the net. Loading data I used came from their site: https://shootersworldpowder.com/bulk-propellant/
    It's a fine spherical powder that indeed flows like water through my dillon utilizing the large powder bar. The burn rate is listed similar to H335.
    I started 10% below max charge of 24.5 grs. and worked up a grain at a time. Initially used dipper and powder tickler for each case.
    Brass was once fired mixed commercial, trimmed even. Components used were CCI small rifle primers and Hornady 55 gr. FMJ bullets seated to an OAL of 2.20" and crimped lightly with a Lee rifle crimp die.
    Further work up found a decent load at 23.5 grs. Chrono showed a velocity of 2897 with a SD of 15.8 for 10 shot group. Actually one of the better ones I can remember having.
    The rifle is a early series 82 Mini-14. This has the 1-10 twist (yes 1-10) wimpy barrel and was know for dishwasher size MOA after a few rounds.
    The gas block on the rifle has been set with an even gap on the sides. Some bedding has been used to stiffen the receiver in place and a barrel strut has been installed. A trigger job was done by Great West and breaks at a crisp 3.5 lbs. To help my not young eyes I use a vintage 3x Weaver scope mounted with a S&K mount.
    Shots were taken quickly off bench using sand bags, and although I won't win any contests I am pleased.
    P1010135 1.jpg
    Last edited by cephas; October 22nd, 2020 at 08:17 AM.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Tried Shooters World Tactical Rifle Powder for .223 loads

I'm just starting on 223/556, ordered a set of dies from RCBS online, nobody has them around here, they said 3 days. I have a couple of 1lb BLC-2 bottles, now to find CCI450's. Will be using win 55gr FMJBT for my first batch. It's for an AR.