Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default What to buy next?

For probably the first time, I'm in a situation where all my immediate firearm needs and wants have been filled and I don't have a definite goal for what i want to buy next. Most of where I'm leaning is semi auto, some with WW2 associations, and a 'non volatile price' cartridge would be a benefit (that is to say something that didn't double or triple in price when COVID/riots started). I have all my necessities covered, so to speak, so we're talking purely a toy/range use here, and any other practical uses would merely be incremental. Not looking for an AR and not crazy on 9mm rifles, but otherwise generally open to suggestions.

CMP Garand, PTR 91, M1A, 'Thompson' 1927, 1911, fullsize Glock or S&W M&P in 40S&W (not a a huge polymer fan, but feels like i should add a hi-capacity offering at some point), or a nice lever gun in 357 or 44 are floating to the top of my tentative list. Or if I'm missing something that you love, please share.

(Elk County)

Default Re: What to buy next?

M1 Rifle.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Handguns or rifles?

US M1911s , M1911A1s 1917 Colt/S&W revolvers , S&W M&P 'Victory' model .38 revolvers , Colt Commandos.

British and Canadian Hi-Powers , Webley and S&W revolvers.

on the flip side

Lugers , P-38s , Browning HP , VIS P-35 'Radom' , Astra 600 , Steyr ,
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Henry X model in .357. Then get a suppressor and shoot .38 specials.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    M1 Rifle.

Noah
    I believe an M1 is the very first item on his list... "CMP Garand". I second that! Get it while the price, and the length of back-order waiting period, are still reasonable.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    M1 Rifle.

Noah
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    I believe an M1 is the very first item on his list... "CMP Garand". I second that! Get it while the price, and the length of back-order waiting period, are still reasonable.
    That's my bad...I added the list a few minutes after the original post, and Noah actually beat me to it. Premature publish on my part. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking about an M1 though! It is definitely under consideration, but I would need to check most of the CMP's boxes to make it happen yet. I had an uncle that had 2 of them and sold them a decade ago. Never got to shoot either of those, but did manage to get some range time on his M1 carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Handguns or rifles?

US M1911s , M1911A1s 1917 Colt/S&W revolvers , S&W M&P 'Victory' model .38 revolvers , Colt Commandos.

British and Canadian Hi-Powers , Webley and S&W revolvers.

on the flip side

Lugers , P-38s , Browning HP , VIS P-35 'Radom' , Astra 600 , Steyr ,
    Either long guns or handguns, honestly. I'm not sure how i missed the Luger and Hipower..thanks for the reminder! The revolvers and lesser known semis wouldn't be of major interest at this point, but appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    Funny you say that. My father in law had an article the other month with a very similar set up. Not sure if I'd suppress. but i like the direction you're suggesting!

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    I was looking for one of those myself. Lots of luck finding it. With side gate loading I'm assuming they are a big hit in states behind enemy lines when it comes to semi auto rifles.

(Lackawanna County)

The only mass produced purpose built, sniper rifle of WW2.

During the Second World War, standard No. 4 rifles, selected for their accuracy during factory tests, were modified by the addition of a wooden cheek rising-piece, and telescopic sight mounts designed to accept a No. 32 3.5× telescopic sight.[52] The telescopic sight had a field of view of 8 degrees 20 minutes and featured a bullet drop compensation range drum on top of the sight graduated in 50 yards (45.7 m) increments from 0 to 1,000 yards (914 m). Side adjustments in 2 MOA increments were made by the drum mounted at the side of the sight. These rifles were designated as the No. 4 Mk. I (T). The accuracy requirement was ability to place 7 of 7 shots in a 5 inches (12.7 cm) circle at 200 yards (183 m) and 6 of 7 shots in a 10 inches (25.4 cm) circle at 400 yards (366 m). The wooden cheek-piece was attached with two screws. The rear "battle sight" was ground off to make room to attach the No. 32 telescope sight to the left side of the receiver. Each No. 32 and its bracket (mount) were matched and serial numbered to a specific rifle.[53]

download.jpg
    Last edited by qmcorps; October 18th, 2020 at 08:51 AM.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Montgomery County)

Funny, my needs have been met for awhile but my list keeps growing...

(Allegheny County)

No paperwork required!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast