Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: What to buy next?

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    For probably the first time, I'm in a situation where all my immediate firearm needs and wants have been filled and I don't have a definite goal for what i want to buy next. Most of where I'm leaning is semi auto, some with WW2 associations, and a 'non volatile price' cartridge would be a benefit (that is to say something that didn't double or triple in price when COVID/riots started). I have all my necessities covered, so to speak, so we're talking purely a toy/range use here, and any other practical uses would merely be incremental. Not looking for an AR and not crazy on 9mm rifles, but otherwise generally open to suggestions.

CMP Garand, PTR 91, M1A, 'Thompson' 1927, 1911, fullsize Glock or S&W M&P in 40S&W (not a a huge polymer fan, but feels like i should add a hi-capacity offering at some point), or a nice lever gun in 357 or 44 are floating to the top of my tentative list. Or if I'm missing something that you love, please share.
    M1 Garand is a great choice. Everything about it is different - the feel of it, the weight, the unique way to load it, the thump of each round and the "ping". And it's a piece of history. I've never seen anyone shoot mine that didn't have a big smile on their face afterwards.

(Tioga County)

Buy a machine gun.

(Dauphin County)

RIA has an auction coming up, in the small catalogue they show an mg42, mp-40, an NK m49, two police issue tommies, an 1883 gatling with field carriage and a hotchkiss mark 1* with loading strips. They even have some Annie Oakley guns and a 1934 luger with leather holster.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(York County)

I'll be focused on getting ammo for a LONG time before I add any more firearms to the current roster... and I'll probably put some 'spare funds' into more silver coinage first too.
    DGAF

(Berks County)

Just decided that I wanted to replace my LCP. Carried that long enough and it was time for Chang
    Picked up a new Glock 42 on Thursday night. Haven’t had it to the range yet but so far I’m pretty happy with what I see! So the LCP has been cleaned and put away.

(Northumberland County)

Thanks all. Appreciate the suggestions....lots of good ones I hadn't thought of. Wish i had the change for a machine gun, but the budget's a bit lower than that! Ammo will definitely be on my list as well, once the prices come back down. Can't believe i missed the Luger on my list...that's definitely a gotta-have, at some point. Same on the Enfield.

I'm looking to join a new range in January and they're approved by the CMP, so if i do go the Garand route, I'll be that much closer to checking off those boxes. Until then, make it through the holidays and then I'll start shopping.

(Lancaster County)

An M1 Garand is what you seek, go CMP if you can, don't go down the gopher hole of originality, heat marks, stampings , stock cartouches ect ect ect..., just make sure it is a good shooter that is assembled properly, and you will love it

(Wayne County)

FILs Garand, now my wife's.

garand.jpg

Yes, we have the original stock, but this is how her dad wanted it. And the bayo
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post

I'm looking to join a new range in January and they're approved by the CMP, so if i do go the Garand route, I'll be that much closer to checking off those boxes. Until then, make it through the holidays and then I'll start shopping.
    If you have your LTCF, then the membership to a CMP affiliated organization is really the only other thing you need. The LTCF, and the information on it (age and US citizenship), check off every other box. That, and a notarized page 2A -- you should be able to get it done for free at your local branch of any bank where you have an account with.

(Susquehanna County)

Hammerli SP 20

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast