Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default How Is Grice Gun Shop Right Now?

I've been to Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield a bunch of times although I haven't been there recently. The last time I was there must've been a few years ago. Anyway, I wonder how they're doing right now with the huge demand on guns and ammo. They're the biggest gun store in PA that I know of so I think they must at least be somewhat keeping up with the demand.

(Elk County)

Default Re: How Is Grice Gun Shop Right Now?

Busy. Almost no black guns. No 9mm ammo. Lots of hanguns, as long as you want Springfield Armory, S&W Shield, and Turkish or Philippine made clones, especially in 40 S&W. Putting 5 rds of 12 ga 00 Buck in a ziploc bag with a $7.95 self-stick price label on it.

Oh, same crappy service as always, with the added admonishment to "wait your turn."

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Butler County)

i've never seen their inventory of handguns lower. occasionally some 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp or 380 ammo but none the last time in. Bob's army navy down the street seems to have a better selection of handguns right now and plenty of 22lr.

(Elk County)

Still there and still in business. Limiting some ammo. 22LR is going up, that is everywhere tho. Not as many used guns out. Not as many new handguns on display as you used to see. People there are still friendly and knowledgeable.
    An Armed society is a polite society.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Just a guess, but Grice does also run a wholesale business located off-site, on North Healey Ave I believe. Conceivably the online sales could be drawing stock from Grice Wholesale, yet they could still be doing their retail fulfillment at their retail store. In any event, this is a common phenomenon for many brick-and-mortar business with online sales department -- it is easy and feasible to stock far more SKUs in your off-site warehouses than can be presented at your retail location. The same reason that Walmart.com or BestBuy.com or really any big name business list more varieties of items on their websites than could be found in their stores.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    I was there a short while back , among ammo and some firearms there were other things they seemed to be out of.
    The rear of the store where the clothing was , was shut off but you could , if requested go back there.
    I asked about it and was told they were using that a lot for their online sales as that had seriously increased.
    So when I got back home I did look online , and they did have things in stock on line that was not in stock at the store *.
    A new trend? I dunno * but I didn't care much for that.
    Same thing if you go to Palmetto State's primary location in South Carolina or it least it was when I was there, they have a retail store and then the online warehouse is next door, but is a separate operation with different pricing.

(Mifflin County)

I got a new flyer from them last week , they look
    pretty well stocked .

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    pretty well stocked .
    Flyers and what's actually on the shelves are two different things, plenty of fudd guns, but almost all of their black rifles are high dollar and the new pistol counters are looking kinda sad.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Flyers and what's actually on the shelves are two different things, plenty of fudd guns, but almost all of their black rifles are high dollar and the new pistol counters are looking kinda sad.
    I was there mid august and bought 3 long guns but never really looked in the handgun cases .

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    pretty well stocked .
    Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Rax is 150% correct. Grice "sale flyers" are nothing but come-ons designed to get you to come in. The "too good to be true" prices on desirable firearms are just that -- because those guns are not in stock. Maybe they had a few when the flyer was printed, but don't hold your breath the day the sale starts. Grice counts on you spending $$$ once you're there, because you came however far - across town, or across the state.

For years I've listened to locals who flocked to a Grice sale all lemming-like and came back grousing because "outta stock." Hot news flash: Never in stock. Lemmings keep on lemming though.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast