Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How Is Grice Gun Shop Right Now?

I stopped up there this afternoon just to browse around. The place was packed! Couldn't even get close to the gun counters, particularly the handgun section. Racks looked to be half-full or less in some areas. I was trying to browse the used rifle racks but some guy kept coughing next to me so I got kind of nervous and left.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    The Grice flyer normally says something about all items might not be in stock when you arrive , errors , etc
    BUT I have never had a problem getting someone on the phone to ask if they had a firearm and if so , they would hold it for me for a few days.
    Their used rifles seem high , I have literally found used rifles for more $$$ than the same model new on their shelf???
    I've spent billions of $$$ over many years and they don't know me from Adam and that's fine , I ain't never asked for any ass kisses.
    On the other hand , if I ask to see a pistol , they hand it to me and walk away , that's what I want , not some gun shop ninja standing over me breathing down my neck telling me about their tactical wheel barrow.
    I do like the fact if I look at a display model and want that model **. they go in the back and get me a fresh one that hasn't been dropped and slobbered over by 1500 mouth breathers.
    I know some hate Grices with a fiery passion *. not sure why , but whatever.
    I agree , I always call ahead if I am seriously considering a gun purchase . They are competitive on most guns . I just bought the "2020 Vote ruger 10/22 " a special edition and hard to find . Grice was cheaper than an online purchase

(Butler County)

They usually have all guns on the flyer in stock when its printed. Some guns are only available at the sale price on certain days while the rest are available at the sale price as soon as the flyer is out. A lot of people wait until the big sale weekend to only find out they are out of stock. Meanwhile they could have called them two weeks earlier and put it on layaway at the sale price.

(Elk County)

Even before the panic, when I called Grice, either 1) the automated system said they weren't open, or 2) they did not answer, or 3) the line was busy, or 4) someone would answer, take down info on what I was checking stock on, and then I'd be on hold forever.

The very last time I called was shortly after they reopened post-lockdown. I asked to check stock on a certain model of rifle, and was asked to please hold. I was about 40-45 minutes away, and business took me right past Clearfield, so I started driving. 40+ minutes later I was still on hold and parked in their lot. There were about 15-16 vehicles in the lot, and I went in, still listening to the phone. I found the model of rifle I was looking for in the rack, and sought out an associate. The first one to assist was Rick, the manager. He asked that I please end my call so that he could assist me (a reasonable request). I told him who was on the other line for the past 45+ minutes, showing him the phone screen what said "Grice", and I ended the call. He just looked at me. I bought the rifle.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Mifflin County)

I made a trip to Grices yesterday , Wow, they are very low on guns compared to my last trip in late August . Ammo mostly one box per customer . I was hunting a Can of powder . Reloading components sparse as well . I went to Bobs Army and Navy and did find the powder I needed

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Speaking of which, how is the overall inventory level at Bob's? I think many of us here would be going to both shops during the same trip. So it would be nice to know how is Bob's doing right now as well.

(Mifflin County)

Bobs., for sure had more guns on the shelf , as far as ammo ,I saw the same notes saying one box per customer .

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Thanks. It looks like that the one-box-per-customer rationing might be the norm for quite some time going forward.

(Mifflin County)

I was there today looking for 30 cal bullets . Really wiped out !!

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    I won't promise they have what you want ... but do you ever consider CAC Associates in Ebensburg?
    They get forgot about a lot I think .... although they have been pounded as others but a place to keep in mind
    I never heard of them ,but thanks I will check .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast