Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Where can get night sights installed (Quickly) on M&P Shield? -- Philly OR Pittsburgh

Anyone have any reccomendations on gunsmiths or shops who can install night sights on my M&P Shield rather quickly ? looking in SE PA (Philly ) or in Pittsburgh as I travel between both places

Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Where can get night sights installed (Quickly) on M&P Shield? -- Philly OR Pittsb

I have a sight pusher you can borrow, if you return it...

(Chester County)

Default Re: Where can get night sights installed (Quickly) on M&P Shield? -- Philly OR Pittsb

Shields can be very tough to replace sights. Tried it once and bent three brass punches and never got the fucker out. Had a "gunsmith" install the night sights and he killed the front tritium. He was honorable enough to buy me a new set but now gonna see if Matt at Chester County Outdoors will take the task on. Hear that Springfields are real buggers too.
    Oh, and I also ruined a universal sight pusher after the punches.

(Philadelphia County)

I travel between Monroeville and East Falls nearly weekly,
    In Pittsburgh call Powells in Penn hill and ask if they know someone good,
    And Tanners in Jamison and ask them same, Tanners is a good shop and they will know who will install.

(Berks County)

Member CDI is up around Chalfont, which is north of Philthytown and he's done some work for at least a few guys here. All have given good feedback.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

If you decide to just get it done yourself, this will pay for itself after 2 or 3 sight installs that would have been at a shop. It's worth it instead of using a punch.

https://www.amazon.com/NcSTAR-VTUFNR.../dp/B07VBB1LRQ

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    If you decide to just get it done yourself, this will pay for itself after 2 or 3 sight installs that would have been at a shop. It's worth it instead of using a punch.

https://www.amazon.com/NcSTAR-VTUFNR.../dp/B07VBB1LRQ
    I*ve used that on multiple Glocks and it never let me down.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Shields can be very tough to replace sights. Tried it once and bent three brass punches and never got the fucker out. Had a "gunsmith" install the night sights and he killed the front tritium. He was honorable enough to buy me a new set but now gonna see if Matt at Chester County Outdoors will take the task on. Hear that Springfields are real buggers too.
    Oh, and I also ruined a universal sight pusher after the punches.
    If you file the bottom of the sight a little at a time and get it to push in about half way and then use the sight pusher it should work.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    If you file the bottom of the sight a little at a time and get it to push in about half way and then use the sight pusher it should work.
    Yeah I know that but my problems were getting the stock ones out.
    Put an Apex trigger kit in my full sized 9mm and had no problem getting the rear sight out and back in to replace the plunger and spring. Shields are a different animal.

(Allegheny County)

Keystone Shooting Center had some night sights the last time I checked. They'd install it there, ideally same day. Could call to see if they'd do it faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast