Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: CB Radio?

Default Re: CB Radio?

I guess I just want to be able to pick up chatter in a SHTF situation. I'm not overly concerned about police, 911, etc. More interested in picking up regular (for lack of a better term) communications between citizens. Something that could be useful to be kept aware of trouble brewing or organizational efforts, etc.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

How many will be on a CB? In the 70s I had a base station with Astro antenna....long gone. None in the sedan. One in the Yukon. When I come out of the super market, I look for my antenna. Instant locator. It is the only antenna out there. When on the turnpike, the used-to-be channels are silent. Truckers are using 10 meter, apparently, 'cause they ain't on 17,19 or 20. I've seen many truckers pass a positioned bear and not a warning on 19. Guys working the landfill are on 39, so I'm told, just to smooth operations among themselves up there.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I guess I just want to be able to pick up chatter in a SHTF situation. I'm not overly concerned about police, 911, etc. More interested in picking up regular (for lack of a better term) communications between citizens. Something that could be useful to be kept aware of trouble brewing or organizational efforts, etc.
    For that, any scanner that covers the frequencies you want to listen in on would work.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    For that, any scanner that covers the frequencies you want to listen in on would work.
    I would recommend one of the Uniden with "Near Field Scan", that way even if the individuals are broadcasting on a frequency not programmed into the scanner, just by being "close" to the scanner, the broadcast will be detected and you can see the frequency for programming and future monitoring. There are hand held units, and even some base units found at garage sales, and online sources fro $25 because "I can't listen to the digital stuff" or "grandpa doesn't use it any more". keep your eyes open and you can score some great deals.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345