Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Disappointed with Shydas in Lebanon PA

I was truly disappointed in Shydas today. I’ve been shopping there for both guns and ammunition as well as reloading supplies for years. They always have decent prices and great service. I’ve even recommended them here on this forum.

However, today I had a very disappointing experience when I went to buy primers. They currently have very few primers due to the demand. But they did have CCI 5.56 primers. I have bought them there before (as recently as this summer)for about $30-$31. When I went to pay today they were $44. I’m amazed that Shydas has decided to price gouge.

Very disappointing.
    Scariest words when your next: "Red Light, Red Light, Red Light"!!!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Disappointed with Shydas in Lebanon PA

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpe42 View Post
    I was truly disappointed in Shydas today. I*ve been shopping there for both guns and ammunition as well as reloading supplies for years. They always have decent prices and great service. I*ve even recommended them here on this forum.

However, today I had a very disappointing experience when I went to buy primers. They currently have very few primers due to the demand. But they did have CCI 5.56 primers. I have bought them there before (as recently as this summer)for about $30-$31. When I went to pay today they were $44. I*m amazed that Shydas has decided to price gouge.

Very disappointing.
    Do you understand the concept of supply and demand? As supply decreases and if demand remains the same or increases, price goes up. That's exactly what's happening, primers, ammunition, firearms, houses and cars are all in short supply while demand has gone up. Therefore prices go up as well. They aren't gouging they're responding to market supply and demand.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

I was truly disappointed in Shydas today. I*ve been shopping there for both guns and ammunition as well as reloading supplies for years. They always have decent prices and great service. I*ve even recommended them here on this forum.

However, today I had a very disappointing experience when I went to buy primers. They currently have very few primers due to the demand. But they did have CCI 5.56 primers. I have bought them there before (as recently as this summer)for about $30-$31. When I went to pay today they were $44. I*m amazed that Shydas has decided to price gouge.

Very disappointing.
    And they probably paid $36 just to sit that box of primers on the shelf.

Which I might add are unobtainium these days.

From where I'm sitting, you should be thankful.

(Berks County)

Even the retailers are paying more for their supplies from their suppliers. That's not necessarily a case of them price gouging.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Elk County)

Very disappointing.

A semi-local gun shop is paying $23 a box for brass case 9mm, and is selling them at $25 a box. That's a gross margin of 8.7%, out of which has to come his costs, including freight in, utilities, insurance, payroll, taxes, professional services, advertising, loss due to theft, and more. Actual profit is south of 2%. Explain how that is "price gouging?"

You remind me of an acquaintance who last winter asked me about "getting an AR" on a budget, and I set him a list of links to PSA for the lower and parts, and to a couple of ammo sites for the ammo. He could have been set up with the rifle, mags, and ammo for ~$650. He did not act. Fast forward to two months ago, and he asked me to resend new links for "that $650 AR package" because the ones I send him six months ago were no longer valid - sold out or higher prices.

See Streaker69's post, #2 in the thread.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Tioga County)

The $40 range is not uncommon for those primers even in normal times.

Usually I wait for a big sale to pick up those mil spec primers online where they waive the haz mat fee and I can get 5000 at a time.

(Mifflin County)

You do all realize the OP is the same guy you called out as a troll in another thread

(Wayne County)

A friend of mine who works at Field and Stream says that some of the LGSs in Scranton are so desparate for ammo that they come into F&S, buh all their ammo, then resell it at thsir own shop. That's full retail marked up to retail + a profit margin. Probably the same thing at Shydas.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lebanon County)

No one forced you to buy them.
    You chose to buy them.
    Then proceed to complain about buying them.......
    All while a major shortage is going on in the gun industry....
    very disappointing

(Butler County)

I'd be grateful you were actually able to find what you were looking for. May not be the case here in the near future.
    -Brandon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast