Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Erie County)

Default Shooting at Partners in Harborcreek

Wow. Very close to home, About 150 yards from where I live. If this guy's story is true, why was he arrested?

https://www.goerie.com/story/news/cr...ay/5976598002/

Pennsylvania State Police troopers who responded to a shooting outside of an adult entertainment club in Harborcreek Township early Tuesday morning said they found a man on the ground in the parking lot with a gunshot wound to the torso and were told by witnesses that the shooter was inside the club.

When troopers went in, they said, Corey R. Kendig surrendered with his hands up and stated repeatedly that he acted in self-defense.

Kendig, 29, of Greene Township, was placed in the Erie County Prison without bond after he was arraigned Tuesday afternoon by McKean District Judge Denise Stuck-Lewis on one count of criminal homicide, a felony count of aggravated assault and four misdemeanor counts of recklessly endangering another person.

State police charge that Kendig fatally shot 33-year-old Jeremy A. Jones, of McKean, with a 9 mm handgun outside of Partners Tavern, 4712 East Lake Road, at about 1:45 a.m. Tuesday. Investigators did not outline a possible motive in the shooting in the criminal complaint filed against Kendig.

In a news release, troopers wrote that their investigation revealed that as a man later identified as Kendig was exiting the club, a number of men approached him and began to assault him. Kendig fought back for a short time before pulling out a handgun and firing a round that struck a man later identified as Jones in the abdomen, according to the news release.

Default Re: Shooting at Partners in Harborcreek

In some jurisdictions, the guy with the gun is presumed to be the perp.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    In some jurisdictions, the guy with the gun is presumed to be the perp.
    Personally, I don't get it. If three guys attack you, aren't you allowed to defend yourself? None of the news releases I've seen even mention self defense. This seems like the Zimmerman case times three, unless the shooter is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Personally, I don't get it. If three guys attack you, aren't you allowed to defend yourself? None of the news releases I've seen even mention self defense. This seems like the Zimmerman case times three, unless the shooter is lying.
    No, because he had a gun, and nobody needs guns except police, so he must have just wanted to kill someone, and he finally did.

. . . says every soccermom who learned everything she knows about guns from CNN and movies.

Think back on every Hollywood movie you ever saw. Scenes where someone discovers that their date or friend or family member is carrying a gun in church, on a picnic, at the supermarket, whatever. Maybe a co-worker at the next desk.

You have NEVER seen such a scene written where the reaction was "thank goodness you can protect us if anything happens!" Never.

Norman Lear ran a few sitcoms, "All in the Family" and "Family Ties" and "Maude" and others. He made sure that every one of them had a Very Special Episode in which the idiot male bought a gun and almost killed a loved one within days.

That's the country we live in, where every urban dweller and most suburbanites think of guns the way we think of nuclear weapons, or particle beam cannons. Sure, the govt has them, but no sane citizen would.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    No, because he had a gun, and nobody needs guns except police, so he must have just wanted to kill someone, and he finally did.

. . . says every soccermom who learned everything she knows about guns from CNN and movies.

Think back on every Hollywood movie you ever saw. Scenes where someone discovers that their date or friend or family member is carrying a gun in church, on a picnic, at the supermarket, whatever. Maybe a co-worker at the next desk.

You have NEVER seen such a scene written where the reaction was "thank goodness you can protect us if anything happens!" Never.

Norman Lear ran a few sitcoms, "All in the Family" and "Family Ties" and "Maude" and others. He made sure that every one of them had a Very Special Episode in which the idiot male bought a gun and almost killed a loved one within days.

That's the country we live in, where every urban dweller and most suburbanites think of guns the way we think of nuclear weapons, or particle beam cannons. Sure, the govt has them, but no sane citizen would.
    Don't forget the Married with Children episode where Al killed Marcie's dog while it was taking a shit. The irony of Family Ties was that Michael Gross drove from the set of the show after it's last day of shooting directly to the set of Tremors where he became Burt Gummer. Most people don't remember him as the liberal doofus from Family Ties anymore.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Don't forget the Married with Children episode where Al killed Marcie's dog while it was taking a shit. The irony of Family Ties was that Michael Gross drove from the set of the show after it's last day of shooting directly to the set of Tremors where he became Burt Gummer. Most people don't remember him as the liberal doofus from Family Ties anymore.
    He played a good role in that fbi shootout movie with starsky (or hutch).

When does this guy get his day in court, and does he have to be locked up til then? Something
    doesn't seem right here.

(Erie County)

He's out on bail now. I'm told the fight was over, he went to his car to get the gun. If that's true. It is not self defense

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by mioduz View Post
    He's out on bail now. I'm told the fight was over, he went to his car to get the gun. If that's true. It is not self defense
    That's not what the State Police report said, as quoted in the newspaper. It said he was attacked by several men, drew his gun, and fired one shot. Where did you see something other than that. I'm still surprised I didn't hear a shot. I'm very close to the "gentleman's club".

(Columbia County)

The details are so vague it's hard to tell what is the totality of the circumstances. Did he know the multiple attackers? Were they involved in an dispute that led up to this? According to the story the defendant and the witness knew each other. If he was being attacked why did the witness tackle the defendant instead of helping him ward off the attackers. Also I think the venue being adult entertainment club is going to work against the defendant.

Bottom line; more details need to be known.

(Erie County)

Hmmm......wondering if the dancers have to wear masks. I may have to stop in. I've never been in the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast