Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default PMSC Members! Problems and Solutions for 2021?

I've been a member of PMSC for a few years now and there are a few things that I doubt I'm alone in thinking need to be fixed. I would need to request a day off to go to a membership meeting so I'm trying to gauge support before I potentially waste my time doing that. Also, I understand it's a volunteer club but I'm not talking about trash collection or mowing the grass.

First, the massive car-eating trench outside of bay 15. I was shooting in bay 16 on saturday with my sister and when the people were leaving bay 15, they dragged the underside of their truck on the ground when the trench swallowed them. It happens to me every time we shoot there unless you swing all the way out to the right and then make a sharp turn left to go downhill. They fill in the massive potholes on the main road with gravel once a year or so but this hasn't been addressed.

Speaking of bay 16, there is a massive goddamn rock in the middle of the path you would hypothetically drive your car up to access the bay and the same for bay 25. I work at a hardware store and I could talk to them about renting a jackhammer to break those fucking rocks apart and maybe make those two areas accessible by vehicle. It really sucks having to park on the other side of the road, and carry my guns, ammo, steel targets, etc over there when I use bay 16. Problem being that I have no experience operating a jackhammer.

There are a few bays that used to be on the left side as you drive back toward 23 and 24 but they have been overgrown with weeds and are no longer useable in that condition. I have a battery powered lawn mower and edge trimmer that I could use to clear this out but does anyone know if those were abandoned for a reason? If they're not safe to use then I won't bother.

Anything I'm missing?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PMSC Members! Problems and Solutions for 2021?

I've been a member there for about 15 years. The club own's a backhoe that can get the job done, it's just a matter of getting to the right person who knows how to use it. If you want something like that done, I'd suggest contacting an officer via email and see if you can get these matters taken care of.

That way you could avoid changing your work schedule just to make a meeting.

The club's BOD are pretty good fellows and have the club maintenance and improvements as their focus. Sometimes "stuff" takes awhile to get done.....but like any volunteer organization....it may take longer than "usual."