Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Delaware County making us wait up to 5 months to apply for LTCF❓

Yesterday I contacted the Delaware County Sheriff*s Department because the county website says to call to make an appointment to apply for a license to carry permit. I was told to come in with my application on, get this...March 2nd, 2021. This is pretty outrageous. This doesn*t seem right...Does this go against the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania constitution ?

I know it*s 45 days after applying, but can they really make us wait that long to have the right to protect ourselves without breaking any laws of our own accord ?

Best Regards,
    Dave

David Larkins
    65gtotrips@gmail.com
    Call/Text to:
    (610) 842-7905

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Delaware County making us wait up to 5 months to apply for LTCF❓

Welcome to "the new Pennsylvania".
    It's been that way - and much worse - in several counties for months and months now.

Only took me 3 months here. Woo.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

The way I look at it, only 5 months til spring
    In all seriousness, it should be challenged. A friend defends it,
    says the system is overwhelmed, I said that's what we have
    computers for Democrat sheriff, democrat county.

(Delaware County)

My sentiments exactly...Like why can’t they hire additional personnel, at least to quell the onslaught of applicants...

I used to be heavily into real estate (wish I could still be) and the Delaware County Courthouse is in the Jurassic era...

All The Best,
    Dave
    David Larkins
    65gtotrips@gmail.com
    Call/Text to:
    (610) 842-7905

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 65gtotrips View Post
    My sentiments exactly...Like why can*t they hire additional personnel, at least to quell the onslaught of applicants...

I used to be heavily into real estate (wish I could still be) and the Delaware County Courthouse is in the Jurassic era...

All The Best,
    Dave
    Contact GOA

Obvious answer is to follow the Pa state Constitution and go Constitutional carry.

I may not be the brightest person around but requiring a License to carry sounds like the State is questioning our right to bear arms in self defense until they give each citizen the okay.

§ 21. Right to bear arms.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of
    themselves and the State shall not be questioned

(Delaware County)

I feel everyone's pain waiting for renewal. Fortunately, I'm good for a few years yet. I did just apply and wait for an Arizona non-res permit so I can carry in Delaware...it took about 75 days. I was complaining about that wait time, but in light of Philly, DELCO and other PA county wait times, I'll be quiet now!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I feel everyone's pain waiting for renewal. Fortunately, I'm good for a few years yet. I did just apply and wait for an Arizona non-res permit so I can carry in Delaware...it took about 75 days. I was complaining about that wait time, but in light of Philly, DELCO and other PA county wait times, I'll be quiet now!
    I renewed my Utah license on line right before Christmas and it took two weeks. I imagine that it still only takes a short while to get it even with Covid. They seem to have their act together and not anti gun.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Obvious answer is to follow the Pa state Constitution and go Constitutional carry.

I may not be the brightest person around but requiring a License to carry sounds like the State is questioning our right to bear arms in self defense until they give each citizen the okay.

§ 21. Right to bear arms.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of
    themselves and the State shall not be questioned
    The problem with that is unless you're walking everywhere you need a LTCF to transport in a vehicle. The only time it's legal otherwise is if you're going to the range or taking a firearm to a location to sell or have work done on at a shop etc. You can't just take it in your car then go to the grocery store and wear it on your hip unless you literally walked there which is so dumb. I will say it's crazy to see some of these threads when I applied for my LTCF it took 3 business days from applying to having my license in hand.

(Delaware County)

I always thought that it was silly that you can only get a permit from the county you live in. If another county is less busy, you should be able to go there and get a permit.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast