Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Delaware County making us wait up to 5 months to apply for LTCF❓

It’s for both new and renewals...
    David Larkins
    65gtotrips@gmail.com
    Call/Text to:
    (610) 842-7905

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    The way I look at it, only 5 months til spring
    In all seriousness, it should be challenged. A friend defends it,
    says the system is overwhelmed, I said that's what we have
    computers for Democrat sheriff, democrat county.
    Obviously democrat voters. They got what they wanted. Until the pain is unbearable the voters won't change anything.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Westmoreland County)

It is illegal for criminals to try to harm you during the waiting period. If a criminal does try to harm you, I would definitely contact the sheriff. They should be able to assist you then.

(Chester County)

I was at the Media Court House earlier today for work stuff. The line was out the door and around the corner to drop off your ballot. This was in the afternoon too. Most of them looked like crazy Biden supporters.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    Just curious, were you applying for a new permit or renewing an existing permit? I would think renewals would be a little faster - but it probably has to do with first come first serve. I guess if your permit expires while waiting to renew there is no extension - you are SOOL!!!
    It is the same pics check. It only takes a couple minutes.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Is there any extension to pa permits?

Any court litigation regarding this long wait for the acquisition of a permit will take longer than the time of backup.
    Although if a lawsuit is not initiated, the long wait could take years to self correct.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Is there any extension to pa permits?

Any court litigation regarding this long wait for the acquisition of a permit will take longer than the time of backup.
    Although if a lawsuit is not initiated, the long wait could take years to self correct.
    Those with existing CCW permits and ones about to expire have been extended until Dec 31,2020. I still think someone needs to formally file a complaint or sue the State for non compliance...its gotten ridiculous. I have an appointment in December and still plan to carry if the extension is not further extended...BS.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Those with existing CCW permits and ones about to expire have been extended until Dec 31,2020. I still think someone needs to formally file a complaint or sue the State for non compliance...its gotten ridiculous. I have an appointment in December and still plan to carry if the extension is not further extended...BS.
    t

This matter can be resolved by further extensions and accepting new applicants exclusively until there is a catchup in the renewal process. Of course temporary additional staff would be needed to make the catchup occur in a timely fashion.

Any lawsuit for application backlog would be mute if such extensions are granted.

(Dauphin County)

6109 (f) is extremely clear to me. License is good for 5 years. - https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/L...1.009.000..HTM

What reasoning is the Sheriff using for these "extension"? Whatever it is... It should be good enough for Constitutional Carry to be passed.

(Delaware County)

I think once ACB is appointed to the SC, they have a chance to review the dozens of cases which have been purposely left off the docket, and rule on them as we all expect them to, will we see Constitutional carry without the need for permits...we are headed in that direction...once Amy, is appointed to the court.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast