Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Delaware County making us wait up to 5 months to apply for LTCF❓

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I always thought that it was silly that you can only get a permit from the county you live in. If another county is less busy, you should be able to go there and get a permit.
    We don't want you hoodlums coming up here and mucking up our Berks County gig.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    We don't want you hoodlums coming up here and mucking up our Berks County gig.
    LMAO. I would think that you would want gun loving, law abiding citizens, coming to visit ya. Hell, I don*t want hoodlums coming to visit me anywhere.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    The problem with that is unless you're walking everywhere you need a LTCF to transport in a vehicle. The only time it's legal otherwise is if you're going to the range or taking a firearm to a location to sell or have work done on at a shop etc. You can't just take it in your car then go to the grocery store and wear it on your hip unless you literally walked there which is so dumb. I will say it's crazy to see some of these threads when I applied for my LTCF it took 3 business days from applying to having my license in hand.
    My point was for the legislature to pass Constitutional carry and do away with ltcf once and for all like so many other states have. Stop putting the additional burden on citizens to jump through hoops by questioning their right to bear arms in self defense with the ltcf burden.

Following the constitution is the obvious answer to the wait time counties now have. Take away the process all together. Unfortunately we do not have enough people in the Pa government that respect the Constitution to get it passed.

(Chester County)

Just cuz, looked at Chester County, they are making appointments in April for new applications right now. So for once, Delco is actually better than Chesco?!

(Chester County)

I don't suppose any of these delays might be due to the fact that these Sheriffs are Democrats? Maybe the Sheriff equivalent of legislating from the bench? Or am I just paranoid??

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    I don't suppose any of these delays might be due to the fact that these Sheriffs are Democrats? Maybe the Sheriff equivalent of legislating from the bench? Or am I just paranoid??
    Im not paranoid, I do believe its political.

(Lancaster County)

send everything in certified mail if they choose not to process and approve within 45 days that is on them get an attorney after your 45 days and file suit.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 65gtotrips View Post
    Yesterday I contacted the Delaware County Sheriff*s Department because the county website says to call to make an appointment to apply for a license to carry permit........

Just curious, were you applying for a new permit or renewing an existing permit? I would think renewals would be a little faster - but it probably has to do with first come first serve. I guess if your permit expires while waiting to renew there is no extension - you are SOOL!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    Delaware county, that*s exactly what*s happening. Democrats will abuse power any way they can
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

You should give a heads up email to Joshua Prince and Val Finnell at GOA.

They may be able to push some action on behalf of all residents, not just you.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast