Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Who says Shockwave-style "firearms" are useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Yes. It can be carried loaded in a vehicle, lawfully, with a LTCF. So, that makes two roles that it fills.
    So can this. The hypothetical accuracy and capacity go to the SP9A1 but the big advantage you have and something I neglected to consider is that you can actually feed your Honcho! The only ammo I can still get on a somewhat regular basis is 12 gauge birdshot and 7.62x39. Fuck 2020 and this "ammo shortage" bullshit.

(Lancaster County)

Were you dressed properly while carrying it?

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by littlefitz View Post
    You're missing the tactical assault blowgun. No arsenal is complete without one.

DAMN! I knew I was forgetting something!

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    So can this. The hypothetical accuracy and capacity go to the SP9A1 but the big advantage you have and something I neglected to consider is that you can actually feed your Honcho! The only ammo I can still get on a somewhat regular basis is 12 gauge birdshot and 7.62x39. Fuck 2020 and this "ammo shortage" bullshit.
    Those are nice and I would like a PDW, but I wanted 1. something that I could carry loaded with LTCF, and 2. Something that was available locally that I could hold/manipulate before buying. I've only ever seen 2 PDWs in this area and they were both way more than I wanted to spend. But, mostly, I didn't want to get caught up in the "is it a braced pistol or an SBR" legal stupidity with it coming down to something as tenuous as how ATF interprets the regulation. (It's also why I won't put a brace on my Honcho) I realize that Shockwaves/Mockwaves have their own baggage with legal definitions, but I believe it to be on more firmly solid legal ground, with less chance for issues and less chance for me to one day wake up with a firearm that is prohibited without additional ATF permission . I could be wrong, but that wouldn't be the first time. I just never understood the desire to go SBR/SBS and give ATF the legal right to enter my home just to "check" on stuff without a warrant. It's kinda like inviting a vampire into your home. Once you do, you're powerless against him. Didn't you ever watch The Lost Boys?

The main crux of the whole thread, though, is simply to show that this style of firearm isn't as limited as many (who have never held/shot or even touched one) are so apt to condemn them as being. Is it the perfect gun? No. Are their better guns for different scenarios? Sure! But, is it a piece of crap? Not hardly!

I just haven't brought you over to the Dark Side yet.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Were you dressed properly while carrying it?

I would have been, but fishnet always makes me look fat, so I just wore sweats to hide my shame.

DAMN! I knew I was forgetting something!

Those are nice and I would like a PDW, but I wanted 1. something that I could carry loaded with LTCF, and 2. Something that was available locally that I could hold/manipulate before buying. I've only ever seen 2 PDWs in this area and they were both way more than I wanted to spend. But, mostly, I didn't want to get caught up in the "is it a braced pistol or an SBR" legal stupidity with it coming down to something as tenuous as how ATF interprets the regulation. (It's also why I won't put a brace on my Honcho) I realize that Shockwaves/Mockwaves have their own baggage with legal definitions, but I believe it to be on more firmly solid legal ground, with less chance for issues and less chance for me to one day wake up with a firearm that is prohibited without additional ATF permission . I could be wrong, but that wouldn't be the first time. I just never understood the desire to go SBR/SBS and give ATF the legal right to enter my home just to "check" on stuff without a warrant. It's kinda like inviting a vampire into your home. Once you do, you're powerless against him. Didn't you ever watch The Lost Boys?

The main crux of the whole thread, though, is simply to show that this style of firearm isn't as limited as many (who have never held/shot or even touched one) are so apt to condemn them as being. Is it the perfect gun? No. Are their better guns for different scenarios? Sure! But, is it a piece of crap? Not hardly!

I just haven't brought you over to the Dark Side yet.
    They cant just come in your home to check on your nfa weapons, that's an old wives tale. And as for thinking these are more than a whim away from being nfa you are kidding yourself, it's easier to get rid of a brace than it is to find a 18" barrel to put onto a shockwave if they ever made that call. Remember the only thing keeping these from being a Destructive Device is the "sporting exemption"

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    They cant just come in your home to check on your nfa weapons, that's an old wives tale. And as for thinking these are more than a whim away from being nfa you are kidding yourself, it's easier to get rid of a brace than it is to find a 18" barrel to put onto a shockwave if they ever made that call. Remember the only thing keeping these from being a Destructive Device is the "sporting exemption"
    Which is all the more reason to normalize their use by hunting with them.

And there is a big difference between brace vs. buttstock semantics and does the firearm meet the basic definition of a firearm. Definitions in law have a purpose.

And there is a big difference between brace vs. buttstock semantics and does the firearm meet the basic definition of a firearm. Definitions in law have a purpose.
    Read the definition of destructive device..... and their past history of making 12ga into a d.d. and see how blurry the line is. Yea you could have hunted with a street sweeper, usas, aa12, origin 12, etc

(Allegheny County)

I like to hunt squirrels with my suppressed 22 AR whenever possible.

(Northampton County)

At one time I thought the shockwave type firearms had not useful place, now we own two of them, one 12 gauge, one .410.

Just my opinion, but this class of firearm is ideal for close range self defense and with some practice, I could see how it would be useful for sporting purposes. For a short period of time I tested my 12 gauge Shockwave with a SeeAll fiber optic site and found it extremely accurate, but I since I purchased it for self defense I decided to remove it since I wanted to keep it "clean" to reduce the risk of it snagging on something at the wrong time.

For what it is worth, if/when the current insanity ends, I plan to add a 20 gauge version to the collection...

All I can say is but one, spend some time practicing with it and I suspect you will get hooked.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by flejl View Post
    At one time I thought the shockwave type firearms had not useful place, now we own two of them, one 12 gauge, one .410.

Just my opinion, but this class of firearm is ideal for close range self defense and with some practice, I could see how it would be useful for sporting purposes. For a short period of time I tested my 12 gauge Shockwave with a SeeAll fiber optic site and found it extremely accurate, but I since I purchased it for self defense I decided to remove it since I wanted to keep it "clean" to reduce the risk of it snagging on something at the wrong time.

For what it is worth, if/when the current insanity ends, I plan to add a 20 gauge version to the collection...

All I can say is but one, spend some time practicing with it and I suspect you will get hooked.

A rep-worthy post.

I find that most people who have bothered to actually shoot a shockwave/mockwave and still don't like them, don't like them becauzd they are trying to force them to be shotguns and not what they really are...something different. They have their own personalities and need to be treated as such. They have their own rules. If you try to handle them in the same manner as an SBS, because that's what they most resemble, you will be fighting them and very soon dislike them. To take them on their own terms is to truly appreciate them.

Square peg =/= round hole

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast