Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Haven't carried in years - current 9mm carry gun recommendations?

Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Sub compact.

I was listening to a podcast this morning. A former Navy SEAL was talking about EDC. Basically what he said is it doesn't matter and I agree. People research guns, holsters and ammo to death. They buy all the coolest stuff and then don't train with it. Just about any modern pistol is accurate and reliable. Pick one that you like, that has a good reputation. Also consider how you want to carry. That may also affect the type of gun you want.

(Monroe County)

You said no subcompacts yet your on the radar list are some subcompacts.

(Elk County)

A number of years ago I shifted from rotating through a SIG P228, BHP, PM Makarov, and a 9mm S&W Shield to 100% carrying a G19, either Gen 2 or Gen 5 because I didn't care for the finger grooves. The whole house, all vehicles, my briefcase, by belt, wife's purse, are all loaded with G19s.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

O.P. - you have lots of good choices for an EDC gun today.

My EDC is now a Shadow Systems MR918, switched to it from the Glock 19 at the beginning of the year. Carried a 19 primarily since 2005 when I switched to it from my DA/SA SIG pistols.

My wife's EDC is a Glock 26, she switched to that gun back in 2006 and has carried it exclusively since then. A "few" different guns before that for her.

Good luck with your decision.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Delaware County)

May wanna ad the Taurus G2C or G3C, and Ruger SR9c to that list.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Montgomery County)

I've carried a highly modified Kimber Compact .45-- 4" barrel and Officer frame-- for years and love it. However, getting my brother and a friend into shooting after they got nervous with the whole riot thing I have been super impressed with both of these, already mentioned.

First: S&W M&P 9mm 2.0 Compact

I can't remember being more impressed with a pistol, I like it better than our Glocks.

Second: CZ P-10C Also a very nice striker fired pistol

If you carried and like the full sized .45 though, consider a Kimber Compact CDP II, they are nice guns, and although it's considered a relic by most younger shooters these days, I do love mine. I'd recommend one of the above, though.

Glock 43x is my suggestion!
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Cambria County)

I recently examined several options and decided on a Kahr TP9 and ST9. I like the slimness of the single stack and I have large hands so wanted the longer grip, but if that isn't a consideration the next size down, the CW or P series, are also very nice. The trigger pull on all Kahr's is a nice DAO which isn't the latest and greatest in today's striker fired choices, but it allows for a little less worry of an errant discharge.

Glock 26. +2 mag holds 13 rds. Only slightly thicker than a single stack. I don't think .18 in thinner is worth 7 less rounds. It's cheap, it's proven and it can use a 33rd mag.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast