Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: Haven't carried in years - current 9mm carry gun recommendations?

I guess I'm going to be the odd man out; I have been carrying in PA since the late '60s.
    I was drafted and issued a M1911A1 and it saved my bacon a couple of times when the government in '64 issued the jam-0-matic
    M16 (this was the one without the forward assist).

When I started EDC my choice was the M1911A1 in .45 ACP. I am still carrying a M1911 pattern firearm in either .45 ACP, 10 MM, .357 Mag, or .38 Super.
    These range in size from the Government Model 5 incher, Commander, Officer Model down to the Detonic Combat Master in .38 Super.

To old to change to tupperware now.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Westmoreland County)

I carry a 1911 in 38 Stupid
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Northampton County)

I would ask whether there is a preference between the Glock grip angle vs the Sig grip angle. If there is no preference, I would ask whether any of the Sig features like the SAS sights are meaningful at all. If there are no preference between the sights, then I would pick the one that most fits your budget.

I like the grip angles of Sigs more than Glocks but can shoot both as competently as the other. If it were up to me, I would go Sig due to metal mags and grip angle. The ergos also fit me a little better with the Sig P365 even though it is as thin as the 43.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rendez-Voodoo View Post

The firearms currently on my radar are the Glock 43X, S&W M&P 9 Shield EZ, and Sig P365XL.
    This are all sub-compacts in my book, but if you're looking for something not quite so small, I strongly suggest trying an HK P2000 (LEM) on for size. At 13+1 capacity and a good grip-size, I find it the perfect combination of size and capacity!
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Eighthmonkey View Post
    I would ask whether there is a preference between the Glock grip angle vs the Sig grip angle. If there is no preference, I would ask whether any of the Sig features like the SAS sights are meaningful at all. If there are no preference between the sights, then I would pick the one that most fits your budget.

I like the grip angles of Sigs more than Glocks but can shoot both as competently as the other. If it were up to me, I would go Sig due to metal mags and grip angle. The ergos also fit me a little better with the Sig P365 even though it is as thin as the 43.

Avoid the SAS models with the built-in sights. There's no way to adjust them and Sig seems to have a problem aligning them from the factory. The standard P365 is already plenty snag-free.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Avoid the SAS models with the built-in sights. There's no way to adjust them and Sig seems to have a problem aligning them from the factory. The standard P365 is already plenty snag-free.
    Thanks for the heads up, I have only messed around with the built in SAS sights at a gun counter and no practical application. It’s a great idea. Too bad Sig could not get it right...

You mentioned that you didn’t want to carry a sub-compact. Correct me if I’m mistaken. But the pistols that you are considering, I consider sub-compacts.

(Adams County)

If I was you and I was picking one pistol to have I’d be going with a P365. Order some extra 12 round magazines and the XL grip. The pistol can go small if you need it too, or with the XL grip it can give you better real estate for your hand as well as added capacity. I’ve even appendix carried this configuration with the 15 round magazine, making it pretty capable.

If I had to pick 2 pistols it’d be the P365 and a Glock 19.

(Bucks County)

Sig P365 IWB, G19 OWB, LCP in the pocket depending on the uniform of the day. Majority of carry is IWB, however if I had to pick 1, it would be the G19
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

I always reccomend the Glock 19. It's not a pocket holster 9mm obviously, but it's the best 9mm there is IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234