Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Sportsman's Warehouse coming to Erie, PA

I saw a blurb in the local rag that Sportsman's Warehouse has purchased the inventory of the Field & Stream in Erie, and will rehire their employees after they are retrained. Good thing! I've never been to a Sportsman's Warehouse. Has anyone had any experience with them?
    What a shame for Dick's. I remember going to Dick's back in the late 60's when they had one store in Binghamton, NY. They catered to fishermen, hunting, golf, baseball, football. Their store was about 1200 sq. ft. total. The only resemblance between Dick's then and what they are now, is the name.

Please delete this if someone beat me to it. I didn't see any when I did a search.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sportsman's Warehouse coming to Erie, PA

The one in Washington Pa looks just like a Field & Stream Store with a new name.. I purchased a Pistol and some ammo before all the C-19 shit hit. Prices were OK and at the time a lot of stock.. Was in there a few days ago and not many pistols in the cases and NO pistol ammo except some 32 acp and 10 mm

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    The one in Washington Pa looks just like a Field & Stream Store with a new name.. I purchased a Pistol and some ammo before all the C-19 shit hit. Prices were OK and at the time a lot of stock.. Was in there a few days ago and not many pistols in the cases and NO pistol ammo except some 32 acp and 10 mm
    That's cause it is. https://investors.sportsmans.com/new...-stream-stores
    -Brandon

(Franklin County)

A new one just opened in Chambersburg a couple weeks ago at the former Gander Mountain store. First time ever being in one, but was impressed with their selection of products and the prices were decent.

The had great Grand Opening specials and were well stocked on all the promo guns and ammo for the entire 4 days. The staff was very friendly despite being overwhelmed with the turnout. There was a big crowd of 200+ people standing in line waiting to get in when the store opened.

The only downside from the day was the background checks for firearms was taking forever. Not their fault, but they were only able to process about 7 - 10 per hour.

(Allegheny County)

My wife and I go down to the one in Washington PA. Purchased ammo during sale events (pre Chi Com Flu days...) and some Magpul Glock mags. They are dog friendly so our Boston Terrier pup goes with us. Almost purchased another Shadow Systems MR918 a few weeks back from them, but held off.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    I saw a blurb in the local rag that Sportsman's Warehouse has purchased the inventory of the Field & Stream in Erie, and will rehire their employees after they are retrained. Good thing! I've never been to a Sportsman's Warehouse. Has anyone had any experience with them?
    What a shame for Dick's. I remember going to Dick's back in the late 60's when they had one store in Binghamton, NY. They catered to fishermen, hunting, golf, baseball, football. Their store was about 1200 sq. ft. total. The only resemblance between Dick's then and what they are now, is the name.

Please delete this if someone beat me to it. I didn't see any when I did a search.
    The Field and Stream in Altoona PA also turned into a Sportsman's Warehouse sometime last year I believe. The main reason is they were getting to restrictive making the same move as Dicks and eliminating AR's and other Semi-Auto weapons. I stopped at the Altoona one a few weeks ago and prices were pretty decent and they had a lot of inventory but not a lot of ammo which is to be expected right now.

I keep seeing ads and they run things like concealed carry classes if you want to get a Utah permit that is valid in more states than the PA one. I haven't looked into costs but might be worthwhile depending on where all you travel.

(Allegheny County)

The one in Washington Pa looks just like a Field & Stream Store with a new name..
    Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    That's cause it is.
    I know it is.. But all I was getting at was other than a new name on the out side..it looks no different inside as before And they may even still have Field & Stream Logoed items for sale until they sell out

(Butler County)

I know it is.. But all I was getting at was other than a new name on the out side..it looks no different inside as before And they may even still have Field & Stream Logoed items for sale until they sell out
    Well for now yeah, but the benefit is the store isn't run by Dick's (I mean that literally and figuratively) so they'll also likely start selling a much wider array of firearms and accessories.
    -Brandon

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Well for now yeah, but the benefit is the store isn't run by Dick's (I mean that literally and figuratively) so they'll also likely start selling a much wider array of firearms and accessories.
    Oh I agree 110%... I stop by when ever I'm in the area,... I was in Field & Stream once before.... I knew better

I'm glad they bought out the field and stream in Altoona(I have a place to shop again!). Last time I was there the shelves were pretty bare, but that's everywhere right now. They usually have a nice selection. The prices aren't great, but not terrible either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast