Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SKS(gear)

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: SKS(gear)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Ok... well, if there is all out war, I don*t think it*ll matter too much for the 15-20 minutes you & your SKS will be in the fight.

I*m just being honest here. And hey, I*m not saying I*m any different. I*m disabled & I have one arm! But I have a good deal of knowledge/training. So... I might last 25 minutes or so in an open fire fight. Seriously! The method of carrying your ammo isn*t gonna make a bit of difference. You can pick up a chest rig vest for under $50 btw.

Just enjoy your SKS. Go shooting and have some fun. Don*t spend time fantasizing about battling your way through the *pocyclipse with only *your trusty Rifle & your witts!* You want to be PREP for the end? Look to Christ. Besides that, learn to AVOID & EVADE. It*ll serve you MUCH better.

And look, I*m just saying these things because from your post, it sounds like you*re young, or at least new to firearms? It sounds like the SKS is your first experience with a Semi auto rifle? Nothing wrong there....just it*s more to the point that worrying about the method of carrying ammo should be way, WAY down the priority list.
    Oh, trust me, I'm well aware of the reality, but I still feel like it's something to consider.

I'm 34, and I'm not new to shooting, but this would be the first rifle I've owned personally.

(Delaware County)

Ok, cool. I mean, I hear ya man... Seriously, I*m concerned with the state of our country today. And I can easily see this election tearing us apart & setting Civil War. Sure, the anger in me wants to gear up, thinking I can somehow make a difference. But the reality is, I*m just no longer equipped. I*m better off instructing others, and using my talent as a gunsmith/builder/machinist/knife maker in the case of the unthinkable. Ya know?
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Lehigh County)

Lightbulb Re: SKS(gear)

Went back looking for something that @Emptymag posted maybe this would work !

https://www.keepshooting.com/united-...sling-bag.html

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    need a bayonet ammo is getting hard to get .
    Doesn't the bayonet already come (as in, it is permanently attached to)with a SKS?

Although, I do own one without a bayonet. Picked it up at a gun show for a very good price, because, well, it is "defective" without the bayonet.

(Cumberland County)

Ok, cool. I mean, I hear ya man... Seriously, I*m concerned with the state of our country today. And I can easily see this election tearing us apart & setting Civil War. Sure, the anger in me wants to gear up, thinking I can somehow make a difference. But the reality is, I*m just no longer equipped. I*m better off instructing others, and using my talent as a gunsmith/builder/machinist/knife maker in the case of the unthinkable. Ya know?

I don't plan on going out and looking for a fight, but if one comes my way, I'm not gonna just bend over and take it. That's all. I have my shotgun, and I have my pistol. Now I'll have my rifle too.

By the way, I think you're the one who I was texting about building an AR from at least a few months ago. I decided I don't wanna deal with the AR's complexity, plus they've become a bit more difficult to find in budget options, and certain events have made it seem kinda important to get something sooner rather than later. I'm aware the AR is a fine rifle, but it's never been anywhere near my first choice anyway.

(Montgomery County)

I think the "definition" of civil war can go many ways. I very much doubt it will ever be running around in the woods picking off red coats or an open field with rounds flying everywhere. There's not two truly identifiable sides for that to happen.

However, a more conceivable situation could be 20 violent leftist rioters trying to overtake your home. Maybe they know you voted for Trump, maybe they think they deserve your house more than you do, maybe they just want to see it burn because of the color of your skin. Maybe you've been doxxed. Make no mistake - that's the civil war of today.

In that situation, an SKS and strategic positioning could win you that battle. For ROEs I'm talking an articulable threat - your structure being lit on fire, rounds being fired inside, etc. Even if a few have pistols or melee weapons, a rifle could end things quickly. The cops would eventually come (again we are talking reality, not SHTF fantasy) but until then, you're on your own with your rifle.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I think the "definition" of civil war can go many ways. I very much doubt it will ever be running around in the woods picking off red coats or an open field with rounds flying everywhere. There's not two truly identifiable sides for that to happen.

However, a more conceivable situation could be 20 violent leftist rioters trying to overtake your home. Maybe they know you voted for Trump, maybe they think they deserve your house more than you do, maybe they just want to see it burn because of the color of your skin. Maybe you've been doxxed. Make no mistake - that's the civil war of today.

In that situation, an SKS and strategic positioning could win you that battle. For ROEs I'm talking an articulable threat - your structure being lit on fire, rounds being fired inside, etc. Even if a few have pistols or melee weapons, a rifle could end things quickly. The cops would eventually come (again we are talking reality, not SHTF fantasy) but until then, you're on your own with your rifle.
    This is kinda what I was thinking.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSchnitzel View Post
    I don't plan on going out and looking for a fight, but if one comes my way, I'm not gonna just bend over and take it. That's all. I have my shotgun, and I have my pistol. Now I'll have my rifle too.

By the way, I think you're the one who I was texting about building an AR from at least a few months ago. I decided I don't wanna deal with the AR's complexity, plus they've become a bit more difficult to find in budget options, and certain events have made it seem kinda important to get something sooner rather than later. I'm aware the AR is a fine rifle, but it's never been anywhere near my first choice anyway.

Ahh..Yes, I do remember. I apologize...I talk to A LOT of people online. No worries. It*s good you chose what YOU wanted. I gave you my advice based on my years of research. But I would never expect someone to go on my word, without doing their own research. And in the end, each individual should choose what THEY want...not what someone else says they should get. I think I had even said something like that to you way back when we spoke.

I am glad you are happy with it & hope it brings you enjoyment my friend.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post

In this situation having a mag capacity of 30 rounds or greater, the capability of mounting an optic, and a white light would be a force multiplier and only add to your odds of coming out unharmed.

Just my .02

(Cumberland County)

Ahh..Yes, I do remember. I apologize...I talk to A LOT of people online. No worries. It*s good you chose what YOU wanted. I gave you my advice based on my years of research. But I would never expect someone to go on my word, without doing their own research. And in the end, each individual should choose what THEY want...not what someone else says they should get. I think I had even said something like that to you way back when we spoke.

I am glad you are happy with it & hope it brings you enjoyment my friend.
    No need to apologize. I didn't realize it myself until today. you did say that before, I remember it well. And thank you. I have no doubt in my mind that it will bring me plenty of enjoyment, as all firearms I've fired before have...

Although that .44 magnum was pretty intense. Like hitting a baseball the wrong way and vibrating the whole bat, except the ball is made of lead, and it's been shot out of a cannon. I'd shoot it again for shits and giggles, but I'd never wanna actually use that thing. At least not that old navy colt-style revolver I shot. I'm not a fan of those grips at all.

I can't wait to get my SKS, clean that damn cosmline out of it, and take it to the range.
    Last edited by DerpSchnitzel; October 10th, 2020 at 10:54 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast