Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: ATF Issues Cease & Desist for Honey Badger Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That takes a pretty wild imagination.
    Yeah If Biden and Beto were to get their 2A objective passed I would like to know how they plan to find and handle the formerly law abiding gun owners who now refuse to register their AR’s and hi cap mags with the ATF as NFA items or trade them for a Walmart gift card at one of their buy backs.

Those are his only two options for millions of people in his plan so I’m wondering what the 3rd is for him?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by 45Doll View Post
    Not so fast. The ban is suspended.
    LATEST NEWS
    ATF Suspends Attempt to Resurrect Obama-Era AR-15 Pistol Ban

Second Amendment groups urge admin to fully rescind order that could turn legal gun owners into felons

Stephen Gutowski - OCTOBER 14, 2020 3:00 PM
    The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has delayed a local field office's attempt to resurrect an Obama-era rule that threatens to turn millions of legal gun owners into criminals.

On Wednesday, the agency informed New Hampshire gun company Q LLC that it will not enforce a cease-and-desist order issued by its Boston branch. The Department of Justice is now reviewing the field office's decision to label an AR-15 featuring a specialized arm brace illegal.

RECENT STORIES IN LATEST NEWS

Lawmaker Calls for Federal Regulation After Twitter, Facebook Suppress Hunter Biden Report
    Twitter Blocks NY Post's Hunter Biden Story, Locks Newspaper's Account
    ATF Suspends Attempt to Resurrect Obama-Era AR-15 Pistol Ban
    "The purpose of this suspension is to allow the United States Department of Justice to further review the applicability of the National Firearms Act to the manufacture and transfer of the model ‘Honey Badger Pistol' firearm," ATF chief counsel Joel Roessner said in a letter. The move gave the gun company and owners of such weapons—which have been legal since 2012—a 60-day reprieve.

Gun-rights activists have been pressing the White House to rein in the agency since the Boston order became public. The controversy emerged three months before Election Day and could alienate a key Republican ally in the 2020 election. The National Rifle Association, which has pledged to spend millions on President Donald Trump's reelection, said the suspension does not go far enough.

"The ATF’s letter is a weak attempt to placate gun owners and does not resolve this issue," NRA spokeswoman Amy Hunter told the Washington Free Beacon. "The NRA will continue to fight to get a speedy and fair resolution from DOJ on this important matter."

Some gun-rights activists are now threatening to sue the federal government if the proposed ban is not completely revoked. Adam Kraut, director of legal strategy at the Firearms Policy Coalition, accused "rogue elements" at the ATF of trying to implement an "anti-gun owner agenda." He asked President Trump to fire or reassign the agents and lawyers involved in the cease-and-desist letter.

"I strongly suggest the reassignment of all offending rogue officers, attorneys, agents, and/or employees to areas of the Agency where they may not run wild with personal or prior administration’s agendas," Kraut said in a letter sent to the White House and Justice Department.

The ATF, its Boston field division, and the White House did not respond to requests for comment.

The ATF determined in 2012 that specialized arm braces could legally be used in place of standard shoulder stocks. There are now millions of gun owners who own such weapons, many of which have received direct approval from the ATF. Despite that 2012 ruling, Boston agents said Q LLC's braced AR-15 ran afoul of federal law.

Adam Johnson, CEO of Q LLC, called the agency's actions "irresponsible." He said his company is not sure it can continue to make the popular AR-15 due to the vague nature of the suspension letter. He called on the agency to lay out a definitive ruling and set objective standards on the legality of such weapons.

"Playing politics at the expense of small businesses is unbecoming of a proper regulatory agency and ignoring the underlying evaluation in this letter is simply irresponsible," he said.

The department review is scheduled to end on Dec. 7, 2020.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yeah If Biden and Beto were to get their 2A objective passed I would like to know how they plan to find and handle the formerly law abiding gun owners who now refuse to register their AR’s and hi cap mags with the ATF as NFA items or trade them for a Walmart gift card at one of their buy backs.

Those are his only two options for millions of people in his plan so I’m wondering what the 3rd is for him?
    Finding AR pistol owners is easy, they'll just get it from the PA state police sales database, then goto FFL dealers to collect background check records.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    Finding AR pistol owners is easy, they'll just get it from the PA state police sales database, then goto FFL dealers to collect background check records.
    None of my AR pistols, all of which unfortunately were lost during various water-related recreational activities over the recent years (I know, what tragedies!) was in the sales database. All of them were started their short lives as virgin receivers.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    None of my AR pistols, all of which unfortunately were lost during various water-related recreational activities over the recent years (I know, what tragedies!) was in the sales database. All of them were started their short lives as virgin receivers.
    "We're coming in to do a search as per executive order ..... "
    *with guns drawn*
    -ATF/Gov. Agents.

(Allegheny County)

Great idea. Now how do they find these ones noted below???

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Bingo. Anyone who can tie their own shoes knows how to legally own them with zero paper trail.

"We're coming in to do a search as per executive order ..... "
    *with guns drawn*
    -ATF/Gov. Agents.
    LOL!
    Like I said - you have a wild imagination.

That's a likely scenario for a few specific people, perhaps, but it's absurd to think that those guys are going door to door like they are Roman soldiers looking to kill baby Jesus.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wayne County)

With Biden, Beto, and Cuomo as AG. It is very possible, not unlikely at all. They'll leave the hunting rifles/shotguns alone, but when it comes to semi autos....these guys call sporting rifles weapons of war, machine guns, killing tools, etc.

With Biden, Beto, and Cuomo as AG. It is very possible, not unlikely at all. They'll leave the hunting rifles/shotguns alone, but when it comes to semi autos....these guys call sporting rifles weapons of war, machine guns, killing tools, etc.
    If I remember correctly it was Beto who said he would (well not him personally) go to door to door to get them if he had to. I am sure they would try and get each state involved to have their police do their dirty work for them when possible.

(Allegheny County)

Why would they go the route of confiscation when they can simply make it a felony to possess one?

Did you hear about all the bump stock owners who had their bump stocks confiscated in no-knock raids once they were deemed contraband?
    No? How 'bout that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    If I remember correctly it was Beto who said he would (well not him personally) go to door to door to get them if he had to. I am sure they would try and get each state involved to have their police do their dirty work for them when possible.
    Biden is going to ask Beto to lead gun control agenda, Cuomo to be AG, then wait for the next tragdy...to launch an assault on lawfully owned AR pistols, modern sporting rifles. Its going further than the Clinton assault weapons ban.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast