Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: PSA ARV has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Click on the link in the above post if you want to watch the video, my son and I are still sick , getting better slow but sure. I have to thank his friend who actually has a video production business, he was over at my house and spent 6 hours yesterday cleaning up our attempt at doing the video on Monday. He edited it and actually gave us some footage that could watched. I payed him for fixing our mess and fed him dinner. I want to do one or two more and we are just going to pay him to do it for us. Getting back to the ARV after shooting this now in three sessions I know will want one with a longer barrel. My 16 inc CZ Scorpian carbine was very accurate out to 100. I have been waiting for a Stribog carbine to hit the US ,but I sure I would be just fine with the ARV in a longer barrel ,the PSA mags hold 35 rounds and they function perfect ,the gun was accurate. On Tuesday morning I am heading back to the range ,sight tools and mags are loaded and packed, I want to sight these guns in and shoot them out to 100 yards. The stribog will be getting a very large target at 100,I was seeing a lot of bullet drop at 50 yards, the Arv shot were I pointed.
    The ARV looks pretty sweet, I am defiantly wanting one now but would probably want one in rifle configuration.

(Northampton County)

A little update ARV still running fine ,however Stribog A3 just got a recall on the Bolt block and charging handle affects the first three thousand serial #'s of course mine falls in that range serial # 2952. the problem that occurs is bolt drag and possible damage to the receiver. I will send my bolt block and handle back for the free replacement. I am not having any issues yet, but I don't want the risk of damage to the receiver. So no more shooting with the Stribog till the replacement parts arrive. ARV is good to go for more shooting.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

I emailed Global Ordnance about the Stribog, shipping label is on the way so I can send back the locking block and bolt for new ones, Charging handle is not part of the problem, they are replacing lock blocks and bolts to correct the issue they are having in the first 3000 of the roller delayed blow back pistols at their expense ,which is how it should be handle. The Bog will be out action 4 to 7 wks. That just means that I will have to shoot they ARV a lot more.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123