Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: PSA ARV has arrived

Mine should arrive today and hopefully I can get it to the range. Fingers crossed.

(Northampton County)

I got MagPul back up sights and a Sig Romeo 5 red dot mounted on the ARV this morning. On Monday morning my youngest son is going to the range with me and we will make a video at the range test firing and actually sight the firearms in. Then he will help me get the video posted, I suck at posting this kind of stuff. Mags are loaded and we are ready for Monday.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I got MagPul back up sights and a Sig Romeo 5 red dot mounted on the ARV this morning. On Monday morning my youngest son is going to the range with me and we will make a video at the range test firing and actually sight the firearms in. Then he will help me get the video posted, I suck at posting this kind of stuff. Mags are loaded and we are ready for Monday.
    Sweet, looking forward to hearing your review. More then ever I am thinking about going the SBR route on one PCC and before I do that I want to be sure it's on the right one. Right now my candidate is the AKV but am very interested in seeing how the ARV runs especially if it's a lighter over all package.

(Northampton County)

heading to the range now to make the video.

(Northampton County)

My son is putting the video clips together now, we shot some video back a the shop as well due to the noise at the range ,it was starting to fill up this morning. No malfunctions again this morning with any of the three firearms. They are still not sighted in, I left my tools at shop again this morning. Anyhow at 50 yards the ARV hit paper about dead center ,but to the right of the bullseye, so the magpul sights and the SIG Romeo red dot won't need much adjustment. The Grand Power SP9A3 has better felt recoil ,but not by much, the new mags with the metal feed lips suck to load they are very stiff, getting 30 rounds in was difficult, no malfunctions out of either Stribog mag type. I have a Riton red dot on the Stribog ,it is a high rise mount. So at 50 yards I set up three 18" high by 12" wide targets two up top side by side with the third target centered underneath the top two targets. I fired the Stribog first aiming the red center mass on that upper left target and found that I was hitting the bottom target on the right edge at about dead center at 50 yards ,that's over a foot of bullet drop at 50 yards . I fired the ARV second at the top right target and dropped the rounds dead center just to the right about three inches , so finalizing the sights on this one will be easy. The ammo was mixed 9mm again this morning , however the accuracy of the Stribog at 50 was disappointing and so was the bullet drop off. I know that I will be happier after its sighted in ,but I am worried about the drop off. I was planning on another AKV ,but after shooting the ARV twice I think I would be better served by getting the rifle version of the ARV. I don't think I would get another AKV. I will finalize my sights on these two and then shoot them out to 100 yards. The trigger in the ARV is not bad , but I think if I dropped a PPC with a 3.5 lb pull I can really up the accuracy on the ARV. The Stribog folds and would make a handy truck gun ,but at this point I think my only concerns are how tough it is to loud the new mags and will I start to see malfunctions. I was not happy with the huge bullet drop at 50 yards . I like Grand Power products ,but at this point I think the ARV is a better firearm. My son is putting the video together now editing out the bullshit. In addition he took some video of some of my recent builds that are hear on display at the shop so as soon as he gets it ready he will post it.

(Northampton County)

My son and I have been sick all week ,he brought a really bad cold into our household and in addition I found out that he really was not ready to put the video together for me, however he has friend who does for a living and they are sitting in my living room now running it through his software program ,so our first attempt at a video is going to not be to bad. My son shot in 4K off his new I phone the raw footage looks okay. His friend is showing him how to edit it and hopefully we can get it posted finally.

Looking forward to your video. I just saw in today's PSA's afternoon e-mail they are selling an ARV build kit which includes the upper ,lower, and the bcg. Price is at $499.99 which isn't terrible but out of my reach for right now. All I would need is a 9mm barrel since I have everything else required to getting it going in a rifle configuration.

(Cumberland County)

I wish I would have waited. I got the 8" model and really wish I could have got the upper/lower/bolt kit and built it as a 16" gun. Now I think I'm going to replace my barrel/handguard anyway.

(Northampton County)

Here's the video on the Stribog SP9A3, PSA ARV and the CMMG 5.7x28 AR Pistolshttps://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=818330352323561

(Northampton County)

Click on the link in the above post if you want to watch the video, my son and I are still sick , getting better slow but sure. I have to thank his friend who actually has a video production business, he was over at my house and spent 6 hours yesterday cleaning up our attempt at doing the video on Monday. He edited it and actually gave us some footage that could watched. I payed him for fixing our mess and fed him dinner. I want to do one or two more and we are just going to pay him to do it for us. Getting back to the ARV after shooting this now in three sessions I know will want one with a longer barrel. My 16 inc CZ Scorpian carbine was very accurate out to 100. I have been waiting for a Stribog carbine to hit the US ,but I sure I would be just fine with the ARV in a longer barrel ,the PSA mags hold 35 rounds and they function perfect ,the gun was accurate. On Tuesday morning I am heading back to the range ,sight tools and mags are loaded and packed, I want to sight these guns in and shoot them out to 100 yards. The stribog will be getting a very large target at 100,I was seeing a lot of bullet drop at 50 yards, the Arv shot were I pointed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast