Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: FREEMAN YODER AUCTION CENTER PUNXSUTAWNEY NOVEMBER 13 & 14, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    I dunno about great Amish food , it was kind of typical I thought ,maybe it is me ... when I hear "amish" .. i expect a little bit more.....
    i seem to find a better food set up at the volley shows but they had coffee . standard hotdogs , burgers , sausage sandwhich. One guy did have some black pistols and a little AR stuff. Stripped lowers at 89 but I thought he said 20 for the transfer ..... one guy had his little BP cannon set up .... guy with fishing rods , which wasn't bad if in the market for some including heavy ones ..... guy with a little army stuff , pouches , m1 bayos , etc ...... no real ammo except some old boxes here and there for the most part ..... that guy was there ...5 bucks says Noah knows him .... he goes to many little shows and wears the cowboy hat with little pins and shell casings all over , makes you think of an old time truck driver ...... some hunting rifles/shotguns ..... and stuff ........ was only 3 bucks to get in ... people were nice........ I picked up a flyer saying Mahaffey is having their 2nd show come March .... my gosh that one was small last year ... but the food brought tears to my eyes ...... I combined my trip with a stop at Yoders antiques a little farther down the road towards Punxy ....... my real find was on the way home , i stopped at a junkers place and snagged some almost free propane tanks I been wanting .....
    The problem is those were Clearfield County amish, you need Lancaster County amish for the good food.

I went today as well, picked up odd and ends as I typically do at shows, pretty small and I didn't see any particularly good deals on guns or ammo, not much of a crowd and no BO that I could smell.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The problem is those were Clearfield County amish, you need Lancaster County amish for the good food.

I went today as well, picked up odd and ends as I typically do at shows, pretty small and I didn't see any particularly good deals on guns or ammo, not much of a crowd and no BO that I could smell.
    You may be right, I know I've had amish stuff that was good but at the shows ... it's like I could even do better and that is a very low bar to beat let me tell you ...... I picked up a patch off the guy outside .....seems he arrived late? .... and got a few cheap blades and crap inside .... that lady next to the AR guy had some fair prices on those Morakniv Mora knives ...... did you see the guy with what appeared to be the AR style camo shotgun walking around????? .... I thought his price tag was in the 500 range .... not sure just what he had ... but that seemed like a deal i thought esp now? .... but I didnt ask about it

(Clearfield County)

You may be right, I know I've had amish stuff that was good but at the shows ... it's like I could even do better and that is a very low bar to beat let me tell you ...... I picked up a patch off the guy outside .....seems he arrived late? .... and got a few cheap blades and crap inside .... that lady next to the AR guy had some fair prices on those Morakniv Mora knives ...... did you see the guy with what appeared to be the AR style camo shotgun walking around????? .... I thought his price tag was in the 500 range .... not sure just what he had ... but that seemed like a deal i thought esp now? .... but I didnt ask about it
    We were probably out of there not long after 10 so I didn't see the AR shotgun. There are about a dozen different styles of them out there right now, ranging in price from $400-$700 and varying levels of reliability, so you kind of have to know what you're looking at to judge value.

(Elk County)

. . . 5 bucks says Noah knows him .... he goes to many little shows and wears the cowboy hat with little pins and shell casings all over, makes you think of an old time truck driver ...
    And you'd win $5.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    We were probably out of there not long after 10 so I didn't see the AR shotgun. There are about a dozen different styles of them out there right now, ranging in price from $400-$700 and varying levels of reliability, so you kind of have to know what you're looking at to judge value.
    So maybe it wasn't a great deal then ... I know little about AR scatterguns ... the guy was using a rope as a sling .... so ........

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    And you'd win $5.

Noah
    If there was a show with only 2 vendors ... he'd be one of them ..... seems to have a little less each time I see him , not sure if he is getting out of the biz but I wouldn't think so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12