Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Are any counties taking apps for put of county license to carry

I can't understand why out-of-staters have the luxury of going to any sheriff they want and we don't.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I can't understand why out-of-staters have the luxury of going to any sheriff they want and we don't.
    Because the application process, by law, is uniform throughout the state and doesn't matter.

Oh right......nevermind.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Because the application process, by law, is uniform throughout the state and doesn't matter.

Oh right......nevermind.
    There is only one logical explanation that I could see...and that is because Berks County would be inundated with applications while people drove long distances to get their LTCF without the inconveniences that other counties offer.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Just to add to the misery...

Yesterday I contacted the Delaware County Sheriff’s Department because the county website says to call to make an appointment to apply for a license to carry permit. I was told to come in with my application on, get this...March 2nd, 2021. This is outrageous. It’s not right...and seems to fly in the face of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania constitution...

I know it’s 45 days after applying, but making us wait this long to have the right to protect ourselves without breaking any laws of our own accord is unconscionable considering ‘The Mob’ is coming...

Best Regards,
    Dave

David Larkins
    65gtotrips@gmail.com
    Call/Text to:
    (610) 842-7905

(Juniata County)

There is only one logical explanation that I could see...and that is because Berks County would be inundated with applications while people drove long distances to get their LTCF without the inconveniences that other counties offer.
    And that would be a problem why? We pay 20 bucks for our right. It costs nothing to run a pics check. The ID cards can*t cost more then a couple of bucks.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

It might have something to do with the fact that legally, they are persons, and you and I are not.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You probably couldn't pull it off in Philly, but others (elsewhere) have reported just showing up and asking if they have an opening and getting theirs without waiting months.

After waiting months for mine, I was surprised that there was NO LINE when I went to get mine last week.
    The guy outside asked if we had an appointment, but didn't ask names or appointment time - "Come on in".

I would say that anyone with the time to risk being turned away, just go show up and see what happens.
    If I needed a renewal I would have to try this. If they are making appointments months in advance how many of those people will be no shows? Its not about the rush, what do they care if you have to wait hours then might have to come in another day. Appointments are just a way to stop people from getting a license while they are sitting around mostly empty each day..

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 65gtotrips View Post
    Just to add to the misery...

Yesterday I contacted the Delaware County Sheriff*s Department because the county website says to call to make an appointment to apply for a license to carry permit. I was told to come in with my application on, get this...March 2nd, 2021. This is outrageous. It*s not right...and seems to fly in the face of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania constitution...

I know it*s 45 days after applying, but making us wait this long to have the right to protect ourselves without breaking any laws of our own accord is unconscionable considering *The Mob* is coming...

Best Regards,
    Dave

Chester County, when checking website for on 10/29/2020 their first available appointment is 5/27/2021. Seven month wait to simply drop off the form.
    This is 100% what we get for losing the Sheriff election to social justice candidates. In Chester County the Republican candidate was a former US Marine office who then went on to serve something like 30 years with the FBI including more than a decade undercover. But somehow we couldn't get enough votes for him to defeat someone with basically zero experience with the platform of "healing the divisions between law enforcement and the community".
    Chester and Delaware counties just as bad as Philadelphia now, constantly searching for ways to push the envelope to delay or deny our rights.

I am not the least bit surprised to see this happening. It builds on top of the issue with the sheriffs refusing to accept applications from out-of-state residents, thereby (in their minds) avoiding their legal requirement to accept and process applications in a timely manner. They found one way to skirt the law with success, so now they're expanding it to requiring long-into-the-future appointments to submit an application.

You guys need to nip this in the bud or it will only continue to slide downhill.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by CopaMundial View Post
    Chester County, when checking website for on 10/29/2020 their first available appointment is 5/27/2021. Seven month wait to simply drop off the form.
    This is 100% what we get for losing the Sheriff election to social justice candidates. In Chester County the Republican candidate was a former US Marine office who then went on to serve something like 30 years with the FBI including more than a decade undercover. But somehow we couldn't get enough votes for him to defeat someone with basically zero experience with the platform of "healing the divisions between law enforcement and the community".
    Chester and Delaware counties just as bad as Philadelphia now, constantly searching for ways to push the envelope to delay or deny our rights.
    Did you happen to see how many people actually came out to vote that day? One gun owner showed up that day, me. This whole cave virus excuse is a political strategy and has nothing to do with people getting sick from a mild virus.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12