Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Kimber, used but new to me

Several years ago I won a Kimber Ultra Carry in two tone with the Laser. At the time these were priced at $1,200. Like I have said in the past....better to be lucky than good!! That pistol is really nice and as others have stated, it will eat any factory or handloads I give it. I like Kimber's so much that I purchased a Micro9 that I like...and it disappears in my pocket very nicely.

On the matter of the laser, I will state that I'm just not a "fan" of using it. It's a completely different way of pistol shooting as you don't look down the sights like you do with your non-laser handguns. You look for the red dot. It's not a "bad" thing....it's just way different than my brain is trained to shoot a handgun.

Also, when I aim my handguns I don't have my finger on the trigger. I keep my trigger finger on the side of the handgun until I'm ready to shoot. The "issue" that occurs is my trigger finger blocks the laser beam.....so if I use the laser.....it's blocked and not on my target. Then I have to switch "back" to using the open sights. It may just be me but my brain can't switch fast enough to use the two different styles of shooting. The laser is a cool talking point....but honestly, I rarely turn it on.

FWIW

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    Several years ago I won a Kimber Ultra Carry in two tone with the Laser. At the time these were priced at $1,200. Like I have said in the past....better to be lucky than good!! That pistol is really nice and as others have stated, it will eat any factory or handloads I give it. I like Kimber's so much that I purchased a Micro9 that I like...and it disappears in my pocket very nicely.

On the matter of the laser, I will state that I'm just not a "fan" of using it. It's a completely different way of pistol shooting as you don't look down the sights like you do with your non-laser handguns. You look for the red dot. It's not a "bad" thing....it's just way different than my brain is trained to shoot a handgun.

Also, when I aim my handguns I don't have my finger on the trigger. I keep my trigger finger on the side of the handgun until I'm ready to shoot. The "issue" that occurs is my trigger finger blocks the laser beam.....so if I use the laser.....it's blocked and not on my target. Then I have to switch "back" to using the open sights. It may just be me but my brain can't switch fast enough to use the two different styles of shooting. The laser is a cool talking point....but honestly, I rarely turn it on.

FWIW
    Honestly, I know it's a selling point, but I'm thinking of changing the grips to G10.
    Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP, Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by pedaler73 View Post
    Honestly, I know it's a selling point, but I'm thinking of changing the grips to G10.
    Yup. Why not? You can then sell the laser grips or keep 'em until you ultimately sell the pistol.....if that day ever comes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12