Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: York, PA October 24th, and 25th: York fairgrounds

Sorry we have to miss this. I'm on light duty and have to cut my show schedule back for the next few months.

(York County)

Just got back from set up and the show is HUGE! Lots of goodies on the tables so come get your good stuff before the election!!!

(Delaware County)

I'll be heading out soon. Not sure where the Weis building is located on the fair grounds. I liked it when it was in the Toyota building.

Was that 1000 tables?
    Seemed a smidge light if I were guessing.
    Got there within an hour of opening *
    No real line , lots of people but not packed were it was hard to move
    Rows were wide and spacey , vendors seemed in good mood , people running the show friendly , food set up was decent for a show and enough seating.
    Lots of panic ammo and some people were buying it like there was no tomorrow and happy about it ****.???
    Seen a few vendors from more north and west directions *
    Tonys customs , RJ Welch - whom I happen to like *.. don't blindly pay his prices but he's always been fair to me , my nemesis was there , and the tall skinny tactical patch guy was there , my old jerky guy was there but he has been such a sour puss the last few years I avoid him.
    Some really high priced firm arms , some selling firearms much more than another person ** so shop a little before buying.
    Over heard many conversations that led me to wonder if the person talking knew which end of the barrel the bullet comes out of "new firearm owners maybe???"
    I have heard a lot of talk about a lot of flea market stuff at this show *. I seen some but not enough worth even mentioning.
    No bath fitter , no pickles , no rain gutter guy **.
    Seen Trump yard sale signs for 10 bucks *.. serious?
    I wouldn't travel as far as I did for most normal people but wasn't bad at all over all.

(Chester County)

Were there lines to get in? My biggest fear and loathing scenario would be to drive a couple hours to a show, then find out that there is another hour wait to get in.

(Delaware County)

I got there yesterday at 11:00 am, no lines. Yeah, I also thought that there wasn't 1000 tables.
    I actually didn't buy anything, gun and ammo prices high but people were buying both.

I saw a line at one table where people had the 4473 forms filled out waiting for their turn for checkout.
    There were several vendors that I usually see that weren't there. And in one area, instead of having empty
    tables, the promoters just left a big empty space.

Quote Originally Posted by armabill View Post
    I got there yesterday at 11:00 am, no lines. Yeah, I also thought that there wasn't 1000 tables.
    I actually didn't buy anything, gun and ammo prices high but people were buying both.

I saw a line at one table where people had the 4473 forms filled out waiting for their turn for checkout.
    There were several vendors that I usually see that weren't there. And in one area, instead of having empty
    tables, the promoters just left a big empty space.
    I did see a few tables that seemed to really be doing a bang up business on pistols.
    Over heard many telling the customer , they couldn't sell to them since they were from Maryland
    I seen a flyer saying the next York show was Early December * don't recall the dates but sometime the 1st week or so **
    I doubt I'll be back *.. mostly due to distance ** and I think I'm hitting Blooms in mid December.
    By the way *. I did not see any coupons *.. but when I arrived , there seemed to be a guy handing out coupons to his buddies **. wonder where they came from?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    I did see a few tables that seemed to really be doing a bang up business on pistols.
    Over heard many telling the customer , they couldn't sell to them since they were from Maryland..
    Lots of Baltimorons come up to PA to purchase guns and ammo. There is even A radio add touting the fact they can buy *MD compliant* shotguns and rifles here in PA (except AR15*s, because MD sucks). A store/range down near the state line gouges on both halves of the business, knowing those idiots are a captive audience. Sometimes it is funny to see the looks on their faces when they realize guns really are tougher to get than library books, and that their voting habits just came back to haunt them.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Lots of Baltimorons come up to PA to purchase guns and ammo. There is even A radio add touting the fact they can buy *MD compliant* shotguns and rifles here in PA .
    Huh ,well that explains that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12