As a novice open carrier who has yet to have a negative experience, I'm still unsure what to expect. This morning, I decided to open carry to my local Mr. Tire for a scheduled oil change & tire rotation. Walking in soon after they'd opened for business, I seemed to be their first customer of the day and was greeted by the manager as I handed over my car keys. After he'd verified my appointment, I politely asked if Mr. Tire had a firearms policy, pointing out that there were no signs posted, assuring him that I have an LTCF, and gesturing towards my holstered--and plainly visible-- .357.

The young man smiled, shook his head "no", then added that he's "all about the 2nd Amendment" and wishes that he was allowed to carry his own firearm while he is at work (from his comments, I'm guessing policy prohibits Mr. Tire employees from doing so).

We chatted for another moment about how law-abiding people have the right to defend themselves, concealed carry, open carry, etc., before he turned his attention to getting his employees to work on my vehicle.

Spending the next thirty minutes or so in their waiting area, I sipped coffee while my car was being serviced, paid my bill as I received back my keys, and told the manager that I'd be remaining a loyal customer. He seemed to appreciate that.

Once again, law-abiding citizen open carrying his handgun in a non-threatening manner = no big deal. Nor, should it be a big deal.

Stay safe, everyone.