Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Open Carry-Friendly Business: Mr. Tire, Moon Township

As a novice open carrier who has yet to have a negative experience, I'm still unsure what to expect. This morning, I decided to open carry to my local Mr. Tire for a scheduled oil change & tire rotation. Walking in soon after they'd opened for business, I seemed to be their first customer of the day and was greeted by the manager as I handed over my car keys. After he'd verified my appointment, I politely asked if Mr. Tire had a firearms policy, pointing out that there were no signs posted, assuring him that I have an LTCF, and gesturing towards my holstered--and plainly visible-- .357.

The young man smiled, shook his head "no", then added that he's "all about the 2nd Amendment" and wishes that he was allowed to carry his own firearm while he is at work (from his comments, I'm guessing policy prohibits Mr. Tire employees from doing so).

We chatted for another moment about how law-abiding people have the right to defend themselves, concealed carry, open carry, etc., before he turned his attention to getting his employees to work on my vehicle.

Spending the next thirty minutes or so in their waiting area, I sipped coffee while my car was being serviced, paid my bill as I received back my keys, and told the manager that I'd be remaining a loyal customer. He seemed to appreciate that.

Once again, law-abiding citizen open carrying his handgun in a non-threatening manner = no big deal. Nor, should it be a big deal.

Stay safe, everyone.
    The Bosun

(Berks County)

Default Re: Open Carry-Friendly Business: Mr. Tire, Moon Township

Quote Originally Posted by The Bosun View Post
    As a novice open carrier who has yet to have a negative experience, I'm still unsure what to expect. This morning, I decided to open carry to my local Mr. Tire for a scheduled oil change & tire rotation. Walking in soon after they'd opened for business, I seemed to be their first customer of the day and was greeted by the manager as I handed over my car keys. After he'd verified my appointment, I politely asked if Mr. Tire had a firearms policy, pointing out that there were no signs posted, assuring him that I have an LTCF, and gesturing towards my holstered--and plainly visible-- .357.

The young man smiled, shook his head "no", then added that he's "all about the 2nd Amendment" and wishes that he was allowed to carry his own firearm while he is at work (from his comments, I'm guessing policy prohibits Mr. Tire employees from doing so).

We chatted for another moment about how law-abiding people have the right to defend themselves, concealed carry, open carry, etc., before he turned his attention to getting his employees to work on my vehicle.

Spending the next thirty minutes or so in their waiting area, I sipped coffee while my car was being serviced, paid my bill as I received back my keys, and told the manager that I'd be remaining a loyal customer. He seemed to appreciate that.

Once again, law-abiding citizen open carrying his handgun in a non-threatening manner = no big deal. Nor, should it be a big deal.

Stay safe, everyone.
    Friendorfoe.us is a great place to report positive or negative interactions too. Just thought I'd mention it as it's something I use.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
    Friendorfoe.us is a great place to report positive or negative interactions too. Just thought I'd mention it as it's something I use.
    Thank you, Giant. I just registered on Friendorfoe and posted there. I appreciate your advice and will be making use of ForF myself from now on.
    The Bosun

(Juniata County)

No need to point it out. Of course, if you don*t, most people won*t notice. What*s your rig?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    No need to point it out. Of course, if you don*t, most people won*t notice. What*s your rig?
    Hello, Medic.
    I've found your words to be true--most people don't. Yet, striving to be a good 2A ambassador, I think it desirable to be courteous.
    As for my choice of rig, either a S&W 19 Classic or a Ruger GP100 1768--both chambered for .357. I can't say that I prefer one over the other and each fits well in my Ruger leather holster & belt.
    357's.jpg

What about you?
    Last edited by The Bosun; November 7th, 2020 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Add photo
    The Bosun